Zwave Binding seems to be misconfiguring HomeSeer HS FS100+ flex sensor

Platform information:
    Hardware: _Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2/1gb/16gb
    Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    openHAB version: 2.5.1-2
Issue of the topic: I’m learning how to use this and have settled on zwave sensors for some of the new stuff, and am sticking to known-operable devices and planning out how to populate my network, populating it, then making the interfaces pretty.

Zwave stick: Zooz S2 stick (zst10). I have no encrypted device.

I have installed a Stelpro Zwave heater controller (node 5), and it’s working well. Other successful (non zwave) adds are tplink switchable outlets, Chamberlain garage doors, and a haiku fan.

I’m using two HomeSeer HS-FS100+ flex sensors with flood detector cable.

Both flood sensors were setup, and paired successfully according to instruction - nodes 7 and 8. One is operating pure battery, the other powered, for testing. These are the “5 parameter” version (some apparently 4?), supposedly patched properly in 2.5 and I should have the fixes. The openhab device description/configuration has the correct corresponding parameters in the documentation for the device’s cheat sheets.

The devices pair, but beyond that, they seem inoperative. The sensor_temperature is always null, and I get errors when I try to push the one modifiable switch by both Paper and HabPanel.

What I’ve done is restarted openhab with a new log file, which I’ll add at the end, waited for it to come up, and then tried to flip the switch. This is why I think something’s going wrong (grepped out of the logs):

The device I’m trying to tickle is NODE 7. NODE 8 is the other HS FS100+, 6 is the stelpro.

2020-02-15 22:27:54.114 [DEBUG] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 7: Command class COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION, endpoint 0 created
2020-02-15 22:27:54.127 [DEBUG] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 7: Command class COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, endpoint 0 created
2020-02-15 22:31:00.753 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: Command received zwave:device:db38487f:node7:switch_binary --> ON [OnOffType]
2020-02-15 22:31:00.755 [DEBUG] [converter.ZWaveBinarySwitchConverter] - NODE 7: Command class class COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY for endpoint 0 not found
2020-02-15 22:31:00.756 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: No messages returned from converter

Complete log from startup:

zwave.log (320.7 KB)

Note that you need to exclude and reinclude your device if you change from battery to power operated mode or vica versa.

According to your logs, node 7 never has woken up. Please wake it manually (see your manual which buttons to press).

1 Like

Thank you muchly.

I plan on running it AC powered, battery only for power fail but what you says sounds like it won’t operate properly if it falls back to battery (I plan on having the critical bits of my openhab system on UPS of some sort.

I removed the device via the paper items interface, performed a hardware reset on the device (hold down button for 10 seconds), and then re-paired. It got a new node number because I apparently didn’t remove the device from the right place, but it is apparently functioning correctly under the new node number, reports temperature, and appears to react appropriately to the switch button. Now for further testing of flood detection, and then follow with redoing the other flex sensor powered this time.

Thanks again.