ZWave binding updates

You can revert back to the 2.3 binding by installing it, and reinstalling all the things again (Effectively reversing the process).

Note that the old binding doesn’t support locks, so it won’t work there either.

This is the same as the snapshot - there is no difference now that it is merged into master.

I don’t really understand that. The database at least is the same, and the binding is the same as the pre-merged development binding, so if it worked then, then it should work now.

Sorry for the slow response on this - I’ve been away on holiday for the past 5 days so just picking this up again. The log you provided is not a debug log - it’s the events log so has no information regarding ZWave. I need to see the openhab.log file, with debug logging enabled for ZWave.

You are mixing up 2 messages.

The 2.3 version does not support secure inclusion. However, you said you wanted to revert back to the manually installed version -:

This one is the same as the current snapshot.

Hi,

I have an issue with my IM-20 door sensors. Before the update to the new snapshot-binding they used to work fine, after the update the channels “Alarm (burglar)” and “(Alarm (access)” do not fire anymore.

I can’t figure out why not. I have removed (not excluded) all devices from openHAB and re-initialized them after moving to the snapshot version. I have also added new devices but they have the same issue. Can anyone have a look and point me in the right direction?

In the debug-log I can see that the alarm_burglar at least worked once - but it did not update the item.
For alarm_access it shows “channel alarm_access is not implemented” (but it worked before with the old binding).

Also PaperUI shows thes 2 channels.
debug_zwave.xml (78.4 KB)
network_d1cb73e9__node_30.xml (10.4 KB)

I am using an Aeontec Z5 as a controller.
The devices are Kaipule IM-20:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/254

Thank you!!

I’ve reconfigured the database and the binding will be updated in a day or two.

Hi Chris,

Would that fix my issue? And would I have to delete and re-initialize the items after that?

Yes - it will fix the problem.

As the database is changed, you need to delete the thing, and the channels will change.

1 Like

Wow, thank you! I started thinking it was me :slight_smile:

This was removed - the marketplace binding was exactly the same as the dev binding - ie the link was to exactly the same location. Once the development binding was merged, I removed the marketplace binding to avoid confusion.

This is the snapshot binding.

Can someone clarify? If I upgrade from OH2 2.3.0 release to the latest milestone build, 2.4.0.M4, will I be able to seamlessly upgrade to future releases such as 2.4.0 release with minimal hackery? And only go through the breaking changes of Z-Wave once? Or would it be more complicated than that?

Yes the M4 build has the updated ZWave binding and you will only need to perform the upgrade once.

Absolutely none - sorry. I don’t think it’s related to the ZWave updates and you might be better to ask in the other thread on the M4 update?

Take a look at

I just tried to add POPP Z-Weather to my fresh installation, but it’s just shown as a unknown device. It seems this has been an issue before to. I migrated from Domoticz about 4-5 days ago, and it worked there (except that the old device broke so this is a brand new one).

This is the properties i have for it now;

|zwave_beaming |true|
|---|---|
|zwave_class_basic |BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE|
|zwave_class_generic |GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL|
|zwave_class_specific |SPECIFIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL|
|zwave_frequent |false|
|zwave_listening |false|
|zwave_neighbours ||
|zwave_nodeid |19|
|zwave_routing |true|
|zwave_secure |false|
|zwave_version |0.0|

Yes.

Try waking the device up - the binding needs to discover the device and interrogate it to determine all the services it provides (and determine what the device actually is!).

I tried that, but I give it ago again.

[EDIT] Took a couple of tries, but i finally got it identified :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,

Do you already have an idea when the binding will be updated? So far I only have binary sensor channels on the window sensors so I am looking forward to the update.