ZWave binding updates

If you were using the secure binding already, then it should sort itself out - so long as you did not loose the key :wink: . The key is stored in the controller “thing” so it should not get lost if you didn’t delete this.

If you’ve lost the key, you’d need to exclude and re-include.

Lovely, it was the same thing for the controller and everything else came straight back. Hopefully it will sort itself out tonight :slight_smile:

Cheers for the info! :+1:

Well that explains why my locks are not giving me any status updates. I deleted the original “thing” and kept the new “thing” lol… Will need to reinclude them tonight.

Edit: Found a backup of the old Thing json and receovered the key. If I input that into the new “thing” I assume my locks will start functioning again without the need to reinclude them?

Yes - they should. You will need to restart the binding I think.

Thanks. Also, I have over 100 devices so instead of deleting and recreating them all, re-lilnking, etc, I instead went and modified the jsondb files and updated all their device IDs. Everything seems to work okay, except for the locks which I now have an explanation for.

Try this.

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.4/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar      
1 Like

I have 76 nodes (many mains). On a reboot some devices get stuck at “REQUEST NIF”.
I would assume a host with a higher spec (currenlty Pi2) would improve things for me to get all devices going on a reboot/restart?

cheers

Yep, works, that seems to be the only way to update.
I tried PaperUI again but no luck.
The update problem is not zwave related, I tried other bindings too, no update through PaperUI possible.

I didn’t investigate as you did, but this will also at least depend on your UI setting whether to use the online repo or .kar, and the versions of installed addons packages.

Nope, never been used.

That’s possibly why. .kar contents is cached and cache contents is properly deleted/replaced during addon package upgrade process. Wouldn’t bet on this to happen for the online repo version, and not to forget about connectivity caused problems there (or key or location changes you don’t notice).

Maybe you misinterpreted my answer: I’m not using the kar, just plain online.

No I don’t. The online repo you get your binding jars from is a repo, too.

From what I have read in this forum using the kar file prevents from updating any binding through uninstalling/installing.

Yes noone ever properly stated but I think by UI design it’s one (online) or the other (kar).
But you can use .kar and download/place .jars into addons at the same time. You can also extract them from .kars (ok, can’t do that in UI).
Just make sure to not use the kar-supplied version of the binding (that’s the one that is used if you specify it in UI/addons.cfg.

Hi Chris, all neighbors now reporting correctly after 0200 heal process :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great stuff - thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Hi Chris. I followed these instructions but I’m still getting

Command received with no implementation (QuantityType).

when I try to change the setpoint of my thermostat. Did QuantityType get into this version? If so is there a way to to verify that I updated the binding properly? Thanks

I think the first thing would be to verify you’re really on the right version. Could you run the following in Karaf console and post the output?

bundle:list|grep ZWave

Yes - it is included.

Did you delete all the things? This error normally occurs if the database definition is wrong - ie it’s an old definition. What device is this, and what channel are you trying to command?