ZWave binding updates

Sorry - it’s not really very useful. This is the binding startup, but very little else. Can you provide a longer binding (maybe 1 hour) as an log and not as an image.

Do you mean to upload the entire openhab.log file?
Ok, will do so when I get back home. Thanks

Yes - thanks.

here it is
[https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BS7Yp9_hx-R867rx03_mlpbZiy9gdWo8]

much thanks

Thanks.

I assume from your earlier comments where you listed the items (eg zwave:device:bff1230f:node2:sensor_door) that we are looking at node 2? If so, there is no communication with this device in the log. We only see the node identity frame which comes from the controller, not the device.

It looks like the device has not been initialised - or maybe I’m looking at the wrong device? If it’s not initialised, then you will need to wake the device up manually so that the binding is able to communicate with it to configure things like the wakeup period.

Hi @chris,

thank you very much!! Sorry for the late reaction.

Before the last update of the ZWave binding the Danfoss thermostats sometimes changed the temperature setpoint to the new value, sometimes they didn’t. In contrast to the Comet thermostat, which accepted the setpoint immediately at the time of its wakeup. See: [SOLVED] Rule doesn't work
The new situation after updating the ZWave binding is as I wrote: the Danfoss thermostats only accept or change the setpoint when I manually wake them up twice. After the first wakeup there’s no change, during the second wakeup I can observe the change of the temperature setpoint with a delay of about 1 to 2 seconds. The Comet thermostat reliably keeps on doing its job.

Do you have any further ideas or recommendations?

Cheers
Christoph

Actually , none of my z wave devices (node 2, 3 and 4. Node 5 is the repeater) is giving any readings.

I will look at the others tonight, but for now node 2 needs initialising as I said earlier. If you are saying the logs for the other devices are the same, then it’s likely I will come up with the same statement for them as well :wink:

I just woke up all the 3 nodes. If it does not work, would I need to reset the controller and all the nodes again?

Not really - as I said, from the logfile this is not what I see. The data is transferred to the device on the first wakeup and I can’t really see anything wrong.

Node 2, 3 and 4 all look the same - they have not been woken up during the duration of the log at least. Node 5 seems to be working fine.

Well that does not sound good as it was left like that all night. Node 5 is the repeater so probably does not mean much?

Is there a setting I have missed that causes my nodes not to wake? What should I do?

Thank you, Chris! I appreciate your effort! :+1::blush:

Hi @chris,

I wanted to give it another try concerning my problem (ZWave binding updates). So I did the following:

1. put the ZWave binding into DEBUG mode
  2. deleted the openhab.log file
  3. restarted openhab by “sudo systemctl restart openhab2.service”, so the log file starts with the start of openhab
  4. at 11:46:… woke up node 21 (Danfoss LC thermostat) manually to get the actual temperature setpoint (22°C) displayed on my sitemap in the iPhone app
  5. at 11:46:30 I changed the temperature setpoint by iPhone to 25°C
  6. at 11:46:36 I woke up the thermostat again manually
  7. at 11:47:01 I woke it up manually again and finally temperature changed at the display of the thermostat to the desired 25°C
  8. I waited 5 minutes more until I stopped DEBUG mode

If you look at the log file directly without using the log viewer from your website you’ll see for about 24 seconds (from 11:46:37 until 11:47:01, which is the period of time between the two manual wakeups) the following entries:

2019-01-16 11:46:37.419 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 21: WakeupTimerTask 3 Messages waiting, state DONE
2019-01-16 11:46:37.920 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 21: WakeupTimerTask 3 Messages waiting, state DONE
2019-01-16 11:46:38.419 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 21: WakeupTimerTask 3 Messages waiting, state DONE

and so on …

So, here you can download the current openhab.log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bfx1wq0zv90r5k/openhab.log?dl=0

Thanks and regards
Christoph

Hello and good afternoon to all.

I am running openhab on a windows 10 machine in the stable 2.3.0 release. When I tried to update to 2.4.0 stable and follow all the procedures above with the Zwave Binding I did not manage to put my Fibaro FGR-222 Rollershutters like they where in 2.3.0. I followed the above steps and changed the recommended settings about the polling period and the chanels do not get updated acordingly. As my final test i removed the zwave controller AeonLabsZ5Stick thing cleared thje che and tmp folders and removes the zwave folder that contains all the *.xml files and added evrerything back again, but without success. I even tested putting all the modules in inclusion mode again, and there are some modules that report diferent parameter settings then they had back at 2.3.0. I tried seeting the parameters through PaperUI and or Habmin and there where errors in the log saying that it was Pending and in Habmin there was a notification on the side of the parameter when I hit save saying Pending also. I did not know what else to do so had to revert to 2.3.0 for the system to stay functional again. To revert back I had to start from scratch again with every configuration. For now I only have 9 devices but I would like to add more to the network and also do the upgrade. I tried this procedure two times with the but without success. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Thanks for your comments and for your good work.

Best regards.

After upgrading to 2.4 you just need to delete your Things and readd them. That’s it.

Yes, possible. The database is updated regularly for improved/changed/better functions.

Thanks for your fast reply. But I followed all the above steps, those included and I did not manage to have a setup working like it was in the previous version. Power reports where not beeing upated, Even the secenes detection when I pressed the buttons where not arriving… I made configurations with PaperUI, with Habmin, PaperUI always reporting Thing updated but in the log in the events.log I saw that it was pending. In Habmin a pending message also appeared. I have been at this two time for hours with no success. I must be doing something wrong, but the steps are easy and it should be really staight forward.

Thanks again.

This is normal for battery operated devices: you need to wake those up manually (check your manual) until the changes got transferred to the device.

But the manual for the FGR-222 says its mains-powered, not battery powered.

Damn, I need to read the whole post and not only part of it :grinning:
Anyway, I have six of those FGR222 and they are working great with the improved binding, there were no issues after updating from the development version :sunglasses: