ZWave binding updates

Ok, its suddenly started working, but the weird thing is im not getting any power usage in openhab, so im clueless, and my wall-cs isn’t identified, just shows as node4 unidentified.
Have to go to work, will check tommorrow.

Hi Chris,

I have a Door Sensor 2 which was setup near the Controller without issue. Prior to the nightly heal, I moved it to its new location which is on the otherside of the house.
After the nightly heal, its still showing it in the old location and is not repeating through the nodes it should be (as the nodes its currently showing its connected to in the Zwave Habmin Map are milllleesss away from where it currently is.

What is required to have the unit update the nodes it routes through/neighbors? Im hoping once thats done it will function correctly

Cheers

Did you change anything? I have one device that is doing the same manual changes not in OH, software ones work fine. I had this before @chris did his magic and it fixed all of my other ones, just not this zipato device.

No, only what i did above, it works now, only the power usage are not updating correctly, the wallcs works aswell, i just send a wake up from the wallcs and openhab picked it up fine after.

I’m having trouble including devices on the latest snapshot build 1566/1567. Anyone else experiencing this? I’ve gotten some devices to load when searching, but they show offline or are unresponsive after linking to a thing.

I also have a problem with connecting the zwave stick on the USB port:

2019-04-13 14:29:48.886 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'
2019-04-13 14:29:48.893 [WARN ] [erial.internal.SerialPortManagerImpl] - No SerialPortProvider found for: /dev/ttyACM0
2019-04-13 14:29:48.896 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.initialize()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler@107d630': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor81.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [136:org.openhab.core:2.5.0.201904010543]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [136:org.openhab.core:2.5.0.201904010543]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2019-04-13 14:29:48.933 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:512': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor81.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [136:org.openhab.core:2.5.0.201904010543]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [136:org.openhab.core:2.5.0.201904010543]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2019-04-13 14:29:48.943 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:serial_zstick:512' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

It happens after reboot my Raspberry Pi3b+ Openhab2 snapshot build 1566/1568, didn’t try 1567.

Binding restart :

ssh openhab@localhost -p8101 'bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.zwave'

or whole Openhab2 restart helps:

sudo systemctl restart.openhab2.service

but thid is not a solution. Somebody can help?

Is your whole system running this snapshot, or just the binding is updated?

whole system, came back to 1566 from SD card backup
openHAB 2.5.0~S1566-1 (Build #1566)
227 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201904040140 │ ZWave Binding

I will update the binding to avoid this NPE if the port doesn’t exist.

ok, thank you
227 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201904040140 │ ZWave Binding

Ultimately the binding still won’t work for you if the port isn’t found - but you won’t have the NPE. We still need to work out why it’s not working. It’s presumably due to the ESH classes that are now being used, but it is working for some, and not others, which makes me think it’s a partial system update issue.

Thank you Chris, I think you’re right, I be waiting for a system update

Hi guys. It’s probably been asked before but I haven’t stumbeled upon it and this thread is huge so please forgive me.

I’m on 2.3 stable and finally I will get some time to upgrade to 2.4 which will be quite time consuming.

I was thinking to facilitate the upgrade by only upgrading the Z-Wave binding prior to upgrading OH. Would that be a good idea or not? If so, should I go for the 2.4 or the 2.5 W-Wave binding? Thanks for any advice.

Nope, you need at least 2.4 stable for recent zwave snapshots. Recommendation is 2.5M1 (Milestone 1)

The zwave database changes fast and 2.4 stable is quite old already (in terms of zwave), so you should go with the latest 2.5 zwave snapshot.

In either case, you need to perform the steps written down here if coming from 2.3:

1 Like

I was on OH 2.3 and I upgraded to Chris zWave binding 2.5 many months w/o any issues at all. You do need to follow his instructions for upgrading though.

When I did upgraded to OH 2.4 later; the zWave stuff worked w/o any changes.

Best, Jay

2 Likes

Hey all,
I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5M1 two days ago. In 2.3 all my 33 node were working fine. After the upgrade most of the stuff started working flawlessly after following the best practice procedure.
I just have a few devices that are not recognized properly. Even after few hours as well as a nightly heal.
E.g. I have 2 identical Fibaro flood sensors. One is detected properly like this:

Z-Wave Node 032: FGFS101 Flood Sensor
FGFS101 Flood Sensor

And the other one looks like this:

Z-Wave Node 033
Unknown Device

I’m quite sure they are on the same firmware and have both worked on 2.3.

Same with a Fibaro FGD212 Dimmer 2 as well as two FGMS001 Motion Sensors. I have several nodes of the same hardware/firmware operating properly.

Any idea on how to reactivate them?
Thanks much for your help.
Seb

Wake up the battery devices.
Don’t forget to delete the Things and readd them if upgrading from 2.3.

Hi,

I have a new version of the config for a Fibaro Smart FDBS 222 Implant with 4 of the 6 optional temperature endpoints connected. I know there is a thread somewhere that explains how to submit and update database but I can’t find it. I am not very used to the forum yet.

I have registered and raised a ticket on the devices site. Very happy to help by adding or editing and not expecting anything fast as Fibaro would take months to add a template for a third party if ever.

Please could someone point me to the thread that explains how to add and test templates.

I also have one that while it had no extra temperature sensors attached was not recognised. Possibly a new firmware version?

network_c1372986__node_64.xml (69.4 KB)

network_c1372986__node_66.xml (47.7 KB)

cheers,

Robert

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

The sensor was added recently, you will need a 2.5 zwave snapshot binding to have it recognized.

1 Like

Must be level of access. I can’t see the link. Will wait.

Many thanks.