ZWave binding updates

As I’ve said though - the UI has a problem.

It looks more complex than that.

The UI works for this node

Also if it is a UI issue only how node 1 endpoint 1 as this is the controller and should it not set an association to the root as it did for this node?

Maybe - I don’t know what your problem actually is, but all I can say is that from the logs you’ve provided, I don’t see any problem. Can you explain what your issue actually is? Is there actually a problem, or are you second guessing it based on information you don’t understand?

This is fine. The binding sorts this out. Associations are complex - there are multiple command classes involved, and multiple different versions, and they all work very differently.

Lifeline is not working.

I can not set lifeline through either UI.

Can you describe what you think this means please? From what you showed in the log above, the lifeline was set ok -:

Or am I not understanding something here? (apologies if that’s the case)

As I’ve said - the UIs have a problem - this is known and there are issues open, but I don’t expect them to be fixed.

However, the binding will do this automatically during initialisation, and it should not be possible to remove it. This is why I keep asking for logs showing that it has been removed, but I’ve not yet seen anything.

You can also perform a reinitialisation (there’s an option for this) which will also set the associations. It will also read them back so you can see if they are set.

It is reported in the logs as group 1 associated to node 1 endpoint 1 but the lifeline does not appear to be working.

I need to flash a device with zniffer firmware to make deeper checks and also put device on Fibaro HC2 to see if it is a device issue. Possibly the device is not reporting basic report on the lifeline.

Though certainly it reads back as set in group1 for this device in my logs.

As to set during inclusion this thread indicates that this is not always happening [Fibaro Smoke Sensor] Problem with temperature monitoring intervals

Can you describe what you think this means please?

Please provide logs showing what is happening - otherwise we can guess, speculate, whatever - we won’t actually know what is going on, and I can’t work with guesswork. The logs will allow us to see what is happening.

At the moment, from the logs you’ve provided, it looks like the associations are being set, so it’s a bit hard for me to agree that this isn’t the case unless there are other logs that you are not sharing?

I’ve asked a few times as to what your issue actually is, and you keep just repeating that the lifeline isn’t working - please describe what you are expecting to happen. Maybe there is another issue - maybe you’ve not configured something correctly. Maybe the device is reporting to a different endpoint. Please try to provide information that allows me to help you with your problem.

Hi Chris,
I think the problem is not showing in the logs as it is a case of what is not happening that should be so there is no trace in the logs.

Having said that I think I have worked it out now.

I believe it is a template problem. There are no channels defined for endpoint 5 (Output1) and 6 (Output2) and also the association section looks wrong. I will try to correct a local version and test.

Thanks for your help. Will get back to you when I have a working template.

Cheers,

Robert

Hi Chris/Anyone,

Is there a way to put optionality into an endpoint definition in a template?

The scenario I have is:

If you connect 6 * DS18B20 to a Fibaro FGBS222 endpoints 8 through 13 are temperature sensors.

If you connect a DHT22 endpoint 8 is temperature and endpoint 9 is humidity.

I can not work out how to define endpoint 9 as either temperature or humidity depending on what is connected.

I don’t think this is ever going to be possible so I will set all as temperature and add a note pointing out that DHT22 users will need to convert figure from endpoint 9 to humidity display.

cheers,

Robert

What is the problem? I keep asking and you keep just saying the problem is the associations aren’t working. What is the issue that you are having?

Why do you think that? What is the issue, and what are the logs showing? If this was the case, then you would be getting data received in the logs, but the channels wouldn’t be connecting. Is this what you are seeing? What do the logs show as this should clearly show up in this case.

No - this isn’t possible.

Please can we start by understanding hte problem - sorry to keep repeating myself, but I don’t know what your problem is so I’m not really able to help.

Hi Chris,

The problems are multiple but not evident from the log.

I believe the binding is doing what it should and the issue is that the template needs some tweaks so that the association reports are routed to the correct endpoints and the association is displayed against the lifeline on the UI.

1. the template defined association group 0 as lifeline but the device uses group 1 as can be seen from the logs. This causes the UI to display the lifeline association in the wrong place as you can see in the posted image.

2. the template defines endpoint 1 and 2 as binary switches. They are not they are notification home security intrusion and the application would reject any update to them.

3. endpoints 5 and 6 are binary switches and where not defined. This is what confused me and made me think that the association was not working. I mistakenly thought the two switch channels (input 1 and 2) where the dry contact output switches when they where not.

4. endpoint 7 is defined as a multilevel sensor but also supports notification system overheat- I don’t think this actually matters as anyone worrying about overheating of the device could use the temperature and a scene to warn.

Because the endpoints where not correct and the association was displayed in the wrong group, I thought the issue was association. It was not it is a template issue that defines the wrong items for the channels. I was confused by the logs that clearly showed an association report to group 1 the lifeline which is why I posted as I was very confused.

In all a very useful but complex little device. Hopefully it will work with no special handling.

Many thanks for your help and sorry for the confusion.

The attached is a partially corrected/tested version. I think the first binary switch channel is not useful as it is just a replica of the first two tamper and is notification only. I think I need to remove this and one of the tamper lines as they add no value.

The second temperature (endpoint 7) could be a system overheat alarm and I will test to see if that makes more sense as two channels reporting the same are a bit redundant.

I need to tweak endpoints 3 and 4 that are analog voltage inputs.

I have tested 8 through 11 on a different instance and they report temperature fine. There is no reason why 12 and 13 will have issue. Just users that have 9 as a humidity sensor will need to edit the scale/type of the item.fgbs222_0_0.xml (23.5 KB)

I will get back with a full working version later.

Robert

I think we are talking at cross purposes - I’ve been trying to understand the PROBLEM, and you have been presenting a SOLUTION. Ie, you plan to change the database to solve some issue you are seeing? I’m still not really sure that I understand the issues, but I will leave it to you to resolve.

What I will say, is from your proposed solution of changing the database, it infers that the data is being correctly reported from the device, and this will be clearly observable in the logs. If you are seeing nothing in the logs, like you say, then changing the database will likely not help.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks Chris,

Yes that was what was confusing me. I could see what I thought should be expected in the logs but not on the UI. Not having used openHAB for that long I was doubting my understanding.

I just have the analog voltage inputs and system alarm to fix and I think the device will be fully supported and if I can update the database others can enjoy these great little devices for all sorts of projects.

New template for Fibaro FGBS222 Smart Implant. I will upload to database when I have access.

I have not tested the system alarm on endpoint 7 and I am not sure how to. The manual is unclear at what temperature this should trigger. I will ask the question on the Fibaro forum and if it will not do permanent damage to my unit I will test it. If anyone is installing one in a hot place please advise if it triggers:sweat:

I have not tested the system alarms on endpoints 8 to 13 but will test when I have some new sensors to connect. All of my sensors are soldered to connecting cables and I think the only way to test would be to break the connection.

Also not tested with DHT22.

0-10v inputs appear to be accurate when testing with a 1.5V battery.

Other than above testing does this need anything else?

fgbs222_0_0.xml (25.0 KB)

Robert

The database only accepts files that the binding generates, so if you’ve created something manually, it can’t be uploaded to the database. You will need to add this data directly to the database editor.

Happy to give that a go.

Will it overwrite the template already there or does it create a second version?

I have just looked at the generated xml on the one I have on my system just now.

It is one of those devices with multiple personalities depending on what is connected and parameters set. To cover all bases from the one generated xml is probably not going to work as there will be many versions depending on the configuration of the device.

I will install one with different sensors connected and parameters ser tonight and see what it looks like but I am know it will be different but should still work with this template.

If the database can not be populated from multiple files I am happy to enter manually.

Any changes you make are just that - changes. Unless a new version is created, it will update the database.

It should be possible to create a set of standard channels, but as I don’t know the device, I could be wrong.

I’m assuming that your request to lock the database was an error so I will reject this.

Hi,

I have an issue with endpoint 9 of the device.

It can deliver multi sensor reports but they can be of type temperature or type humidity.

Is there a way to have channels configured for both?

cheers,

Robert

Hi All

Does anyone know how to migrate a device with security (Yale Lock) over to a new OH2 instance? The controller has not changed. The item shows online but I get a security key mismatch.

Cheers & Thanks!

You MUST use the same key as I mentioned in the other thread where you have asked the same question.