ZWave binding updates

@chris, Well as usual, spoke too soon.

Have been doing several restarts today (fixing hueemulation bugs), and the problem came back…

Many duplicate entries again. Not as bad as it was, took quite a few restarts before the problem started up, but once the problem happens, only a power cycle fixes it.

Any other suggestions? could it be dead node? I have a few zwave devices currently unplugged, or no longer working, but still on the stick (because its really hard to remove a device from the stick that isn’t working anymore).

at least i have a workaround (as such).

Just to note, even when the binding is behaving itself, I still get the odd duplicate message. see below:

20-Mar-2019 18:29:34.904 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:30:07.525 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:30:07.558 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:30:38.107 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:31:08.763 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:31:08.863 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:31:08.926 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:31:41.582 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:32:10.691 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:32:42.547 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:33:14.125 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:33:45.279 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:34:15.618 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:34:22.506 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:34:22.548 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:34:49.908 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:34:49.957 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:35:21.491 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:35:53.025 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:36:26.835 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]
20-Mar-2019 18:36:56.333 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 30: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node30:sensor_luminance to 0E+1 % [QuantityType]

If you look at the timestamps, these should be 30s apart. mostly they are, but every now and then i get the same message repeated 2 or 4 times. don’t know if this is my z-stick going flaky, or a serial port (USB) issue, or a binding problem.

Thanks,

Without looking at the dbug log it’s hard to say, but based on what I saw previously, it’s not a binding problem, and is extremely unlikely to be a USB problem. I think it’s unlikely to be a controller issue either.

I stated earlier what I think the options are - either issues with associations, or problems in the network that are causing retries. Given you’ve checked the associations, I think it’s most likely an issue with some node on the network that is causing retries. I’m not really sure how you can easily track this down though unfortunately.

I tested one of these for a while but stuck with my fibaro and live without humidity as it never really worked well with my other controller.

I saw this happening so definitely is something in the way this sensor works.

I never understood if it was by design and just caused by reports triggered by time combined with the function controlled by parameter 43, 59, 53 and 54 or a bug.

It was not so bad for me as I was happy with light and humidity reports a lot less regularly and parameter 43 sent the change that was the important to happen in a timely way.

Cheers

Hi,

As a newbie I have been trying a few of the options for item config out .

I will be mainly using zwave sensors so I am wondering what zwave users would recommend for managing item config for zwave channels and if a mix is OK?

1. I initially started in simple mode but found that it was limited when I wanted to add tags to the items.

2. I am currently use HABmin to create and link zwave items and items files for all other.

3. It would be consistent to do all items in items files but is there a disadvantage to adding zwave items like this. HABmin does make it easier.

Secondly:

In HABmin I am finding that sometimes the channels are not populated after doing some edits to the node’s thing configuration for example setting a zwave parameter and saving. Is this normal or have I managed to corrupt my config?

Lastly I currently have a mix of :

1. some items created by the simple mode
  2. zwave node items created by HABmin
  3. some I have created and groups, rooms and others in items files.

Are there any issue with running like this other than me knowing where everything is?

Many thanks for any advice.

Can someone please enlighten me how to download the binding thats a result of the PR? Driving me mental.

https://ci.openhab.org/view/Pull%20Request%20Builds/job/PR-org.openhab.binding.zwave/lastBuild/

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Thats showing the last build 2 days ago, but there was a PR update about 5hrs ago which has the database updates im looking for…

The build is in progress now. Note that the PR I made last night needs to complete CI checks first, and that seems very slow these days (it used to take 30 minutes or so, but is now taking many hours). So, it was not merged until this morning and the build started after that.

Oh I see. Does it give you an ETA? I guess its busy with all the changes

No - it just says that it’s waiting for the next slot. Again, this used to be quite quick, but I think since it moved to the OH servers it’s very slow - my guess is a few hours still, but as it hasn’t yet even started, I don’t know (it will be about 30 minutes after it starts!).

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/

1 Like

looks like it failed?

Unfortunately, it looks that way :frowning: - I’ll give it a couple of house and see if it sorts itself out - it has some sort of problem downloading dependencies by the looks of it.

Thanks Chris, all working now. DB update has recognised the device and all is well! Thank you once again

Dear All,
I need some help with this, after mygrating from 2.3 to 2.4 and now 2.5.0. My VRCS2 switches with 001d:1102 id are unknown to the database. Please advice how to sort this issue out.

cheers,
HAB123

Hi

VRCS2 is in the DB but with a different Reference Type https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/418
as 001D:0000. I don’t know if it matters or not - but I would assume yes.

@chris ??

Regards
Stefan

Good assumption :slight_smile:

I’ve added 001D:1102.

Chris

Thanks Stefan and Chris!, thanks so much for your help and quick reply!.. it could sound very stupid but now what should I do?. Remove the the devices and add them again, remove the binding and add it again?. Forgive my lack of knowledge, Im new to OH :sweat_smile:!

Cheers,
T

Upgrade the binding once a build is available which includes the change, which could take a few days. This can help in getting it installled…

Hi Guys

I have an issue with 1 of my Aeotec nano Dimmer, firstly the manual switch would not update the openhab server even though it is set to & all of my other Nano Dimmers are working fine. I then have excluded it from the network, deleted the thing reset it to defaults and re included and now i’m getting the following:

Is there any way I can re add the device but under a different node number? it keeps re adding as the same node2

At a guess, the device may not have excluded from the network. When the binding starts, it asks the controller for the list of nodes on the network, and then tries to contact them. If the device didn’t exclude, then the controller will still think it’s on the network - if you reset it, then it won’t be, but the binding will continue to try to talk to it as the controller still thinks it’s there.

To confirm this, we’d need to see the log during startup when this information is exchanged.

To get out of it, you will need to remove the failed node - there is an option in the thing parameters to do this - you would need to add the thing back again of course (and it doesn’t always work unfortunately).