ZWave binding updates

Good news. I answered a post the other day to someone with a Fibaro Smoke Sensor that was missing the lifeline so possibly an issue but will collect logs and send.

Have reset and allowing it to refresh.openhab.zip.LOG (729.3 KB)

Hi Chris,

It is node 66 that I noticed but now notice 36 and 5 also have issues.

How does openHab know which group is the lifeline?

Is it the name in the template?

Cheers,

Robert

For ZWave+ devices (which are the only ones that can have a Lifeline) the device reports the lifeline group.

For older devices, the database has a ā€œControllerā€ tickbox to set groups that should be set to the controller.

All the devices are ZWave+ so should therefore report the lifeline and the spec defines first group should be lifeline. The smoke detector is also ZWave+

I did not set group 2 to node 1 endpoint 1 and node 1 should not have an endpoint 1?

Sorry - Iā€™m confused as to what you are trying to show? I donā€™t see any problem?

Blank lifeline despite trying to set it and group 1 is set despite not being set by me.

I think I mentioned earlier that there are known issues with the UI. Please provide a debug log showing that the associations are being removed.

Hi Chris,

It is attached in the post just above.

Please can you describe what this is showing - itā€™s certainly not changing any associations.

I am trying to figure it out. It looks like the both Paper and habmin UI is showing the lifeline association as group 0, The second as 1 and the third group as 2.

Group 1 in the log is the lifeline?

Is this what you are saying is wrong in the UI because I have other nodes where it looks like it is all OK?

This shows that group 1 is set to the controller, so it looks ok from what I can see here.

Looks good in the log but not the UI

As Iā€™ve said though - the UI has a problem.

It looks more complex than that.

The UI works for this node

Also if it is a UI issue only how node 1 endpoint 1 as this is the controller and should it not set an association to the root as it did for this node?

Maybe - I donā€™t know what your problem actually is, but all I can say is that from the logs youā€™ve provided, I donā€™t see any problem. Can you explain what your issue actually is? Is there actually a problem, or are you second guessing it based on information you donā€™t understand?

This is fine. The binding sorts this out. Associations are complex - there are multiple command classes involved, and multiple different versions, and they all work very differently.

Lifeline is not working.

I can not set lifeline through either UI.

Can you describe what you think this means please? From what you showed in the log above, the lifeline was set ok -:

Or am I not understanding something here? (apologies if thatā€™s the case)

As Iā€™ve said - the UIs have a problem - this is known and there are issues open, but I donā€™t expect them to be fixed.

However, the binding will do this automatically during initialisation, and it should not be possible to remove it. This is why I keep asking for logs showing that it has been removed, but Iā€™ve not yet seen anything.

You can also perform a reinitialisation (thereā€™s an option for this) which will also set the associations. It will also read them back so you can see if they are set.

It is reported in the logs as group 1 associated to node 1 endpoint 1 but the lifeline does not appear to be working.

I need to flash a device with zniffer firmware to make deeper checks and also put device on Fibaro HC2 to see if it is a device issue. Possibly the device is not reporting basic report on the lifeline.

Though certainly it reads back as set in group1 for this device in my logs.

As to set during inclusion this thread indicates that this is not always happening [Fibaro Smoke Sensor] Problem with temperature monitoring intervals

Can you describe what you think this means please?

Please provide logs showing what is happening - otherwise we can guess, speculate, whatever - we wonā€™t actually know what is going on, and I canā€™t work with guesswork. The logs will allow us to see what is happening.

At the moment, from the logs youā€™ve provided, it looks like the associations are being set, so itā€™s a bit hard for me to agree that this isnā€™t the case unless there are other logs that you are not sharing?

Iā€™ve asked a few times as to what your issue actually is, and you keep just repeating that the lifeline isnā€™t working - please describe what you are expecting to happen. Maybe there is another issue - maybe youā€™ve not configured something correctly. Maybe the device is reporting to a different endpoint. Please try to provide information that allows me to help you with your problem.

Hi Chris,
I think the problem is not showing in the logs as it is a case of what is not happening that should be so there is no trace in the logs.

Having said that I think I have worked it out now.

I believe it is a template problem. There are no channels defined for endpoint 5 (Output1) and 6 (Output2) and also the association section looks wrong. I will try to correct a local version and test.

Thanks for your help. Will get back to you when I have a working template.

Cheers,

Robert