ZWave breaking change merged

As I reported on the Google Group forum last week, I’ve found a bug in the MULTI_CMD command class that needs to be fixed, and it might impact on your binding strings…

The MULTI_CMD class is used on some new devices to encapsulate a number of messages into a single transmission to reduce power in battery nodes. If I remember correctly, some new Danfoss units use it (I think that’s why I added it), and the issue was found in Devolo door sensor…

The problem is that when messages are received with this class, they get the wrong endpoint ID if they aren’t specifically encapsulated into the MULTI_ENDPOINT class. This means that messages might not be decoded correctly, and would also be decoded differently depending on how the device sends them - for example, messages sent periodically via an association might be ok, but polled messages would show with a different endpoint, and therefore won’t work (or vise versa!)!

So, this has been fixed to make everything consistent - it does mean that endpoint numbering might change if you happen to have a device using this class. Just be aware that if something stops working when you upgrade, it might be due to this and you might need to change your endpoints from 1, to nothing.

This change will be included into future snapshots (ie I’ve just merged it into the main repository)…

Chris