ZWave: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY for endpoint 2 not found

Of course, sh… happens.

No, my backup only contains several files all of which have the current network key.

Now, on to excluding the fibaro switch 2 which unfortunately needs to be reset because even exclusion doesn’t work without a sound connection to the controller

• pressed b button until yellow, then b again. When I reconnect the switch 2 it blinks red. To me that says it has been reset
  • Problem is it won’t include even being 1 meter to the controller usb stick.
  • Even worse - I do not get rid of the node (=40) in openhab!

This is for documentation purposes as it drove me crazy!
How do I get rid of the node40 which was the switch2-node in openhab?

• The switch is disconnected
  • In habmin I went to the node 40 and clicked remove from controller - still there!
  • I deleted the node in openhab - it comes back!
  • I even went that far at some point that I deleted the files in /openhab2-userdata/zwave (one called network…node_40.xml and one node40.xml. It comes back.
  • Also I checked the jsondb-Things.json - it doesn’t contain the node40 anymore.

Finally after I put back the USB stick to the Raspi and rebootet. It was gone. Maybe after all that stuff, I had restarted OH - who knows. I only wished I knew which of what I did above made it go away…

And finally I was able to include my switch again. I like to note at this point that out of frustration I pressed the first switch of the switch2 device really(!) fast - probably 10 times (even though 3 times needed). Fibaro doesn’t tell how quickly it should be but I get the feeling it must be subsecond. If anyone knows exactly, please share.

And, yes, finally (after a whole sunday of work) the switch works again in openhab.

Thanks @sihui and @Bruce_Osborne for the sustaining support.

1 Like