Zwave control command (turn ON / OFF) delay issue after discovery scan

Hi chris,
Thank you for your link and info. Definitely I will try that.

As we talk before, the scenario is
binding detect Meter Class -> binding send Meter_Get command -> device does NOT response as device does NOT support this.

So here is my question,
1 is the detection only on command class level like Meter? OR
is the detection can also detect whether the Meter_Get command is supported on the device side?

2 For this Meter_GET NO response issue, in your option, does the zwave protocol have some regulation that one side, meaning controller side and device side, should do more for this situation?
Yes. Definitely we can disable all GET command, however in that case, we will lose the feature for other GET command this device may support.

Thank you very much.

We only disable GET requests on a per command class basis - not globally, so this isn’t an issue.

That’s great. Thank you.

I remember there’s a so-called nightly built.
So I think,
1 after I made the change to zwave database, if I download the latest binding immediately, I think the change in database may NOT take effect immediately.
2 There maybe a delay within 1 day for the change take effect on the latest binding.

Do you agree with me on this?
Thank you for your attention.

Hi chris,

Sorry - I may provide wrong link.
If you are looking for zwave controller to disable GET,
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/67
This is the right link. Above link is for zwave device on another side, NOT zwave controller.

Moreover, I found that XML related to this zwave controller is NOT in git repo GitHub - openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave: openHAB binding for Z-Wave
which should have a name aeon_dsa02203.xml.

Thank you.

No - it’s the device that has to be changed, not the controller. Can you tell me what the device is - ie not just “AEON LAB appliance switch” - what is the model, or what are the device type/id values. We need to be 100% sure about this.

I don’t put the controllers in the binding so this isn’t needed.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/75

All the info should be here. Thank you.

To answer your question,
1 Model
Manufacturer AEON Labs
Manufacturer ID0086
Name DSC06
Device Description Smart Energy Switch
2 Type:id
References (Type:Id)0003:0006

You can find more info in the link below.
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/75

Thank you.

Hi chris, do you think the latest 2 post (The 2 posts right before this post ) provide enough info for you to make the change in zwave database.

Please let me know if there’s still something needed to done on my side.Thank you.
:slight_smile:

Thanks. It should be ok but I’ve not had a lot of time over the past 10 days or so as I’m on holiday. I will be back next Tuesday so will look at it then ( feel free to remind me ). :wink: