Zwave Coolcam Motion sensor not working

Unfortunately -no

It looks like there are no association groups configured. The documentation also doesn’t tie up with the device, as the doc you referenced only shows 2 groups, but the device is reporting 4 (and the database indicates there are 4 as well).

I’m not sure why luminance would report if there are no associations set, but I would try and configure group 1 to the controller.

In theory, the binding should try and do this during initialisation, so another thing you could try is to reinitialise the device. This is an option in HABmin in the tools menu for the device (top right corner - you will first need to enable advanced mode which is also in the same menu). If you send me the log from the initialisation, I’ll take a look at that as well. After clickind the reinitialise button, wake up the device half a dozen times, every 10 seconds or so (ie once every 10 seconds for a minute). This should ensure that everything goes through quickly and the log contains everything without waiting ages…

Hi Chris,

Not had a chance to do what you suggested yet - hopefully I’ll get it done tonight.

I did a bit of searching on the web and found this persons config from openzwave. His PIR like mine doe not have a temperature sensor so there appears to be a few versions kicking around.

Looking at this config it appears the for parameter 4 0 is disabled and 1 is enabled.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> This parameter defines the sensitivity of PIR detector, it is recommended to test the detector with movements from a farthest end of the coverage area at first time of use. If movements cannot be detected sensitively, simply adjust the sensitivity level with this parameter. This Parameter can be configured with the value 8 trough 255, where 8 means high sensitivity and 255 means lowest sensitivity.
<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="On/Off Duration" units="second" value="30" min="5" max="600" size="2">
  <Help>This parameter can be determined how long the associated devices should stay ON status.
    For instance, this parameter is set to 30(second), the PIR detector will send a BASIC_SET Command to an associated device with value basic set level if PIR detector is triggered and the associated device will be turned on 30(second) before it is turned off.
    This Parameter value must be large than Parameter 6#.
    If user set this parameter to default by Configure CC, the parameter #6 will be set to default value.
    Available Settings:5 to 600(second).
  </Help>
</Value>

<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Basic Set Level" value="255" min="0" max="255" size="1">
  <Help>Basic Set Command will be sent where contains a value when PIR detector is triggered, the receiver will take it for consideration; for instance, if a lamp module is received the Basic Set Command of which value is decisive as to how bright of dim level of lamp module shall be.
    This Parameter is used to some associated devices.
    Available Settings: 0, 1 to 99 or 255.
  </Help>
</Value>

<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="PIR Detecting Function Enabled/Disabled" value="1" size="1">
  <Help>This parameter can be enabled or disabled the PIR detector detecting function.
  </Help>
  <Item label="Disable" value="0" />
  <Item label="Enable" value="1" />
 </Value>

<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Ambient Illumination Lux Level" units="lux" value="100" min="0" max="1000" size="2">
  <Help>This parameter can be set a lux level value which determines when the light sensor is activated.
    If the ambient illumination level falls below this value and a person moves across or within the detected area , PIR detector will send a Z-Wave ON command(i.e. BASIC_SET (value = parameter 3) to an associated device and activate it.
    0 to 1000(Lux).
  </Help>
</Value>

<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="6" label="Re-trigger Interval Setting" units="second" value="8" min="1" max="8" size="1">
  <Help>This Parameter can be used to adjust the interval of being re-triggered after the PIR detector has been triggered.
    This Parameter value must be less than Parameter 2#.
    If user set this parameter to default by Configure CC, the parameter #2 will be set to default value.
    Available Settings: 1 to 8(s).
  </Help>
</Value>

<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="7" label="Light Sensor Polling Interval" units="second" value="180" min="60" max="36000" size="2">
  <Help>This Parameter can be set the light sensor measure ambient illumination level interval time.
    NOTE: This Value Must Be less than Wakeup Interval Time.
    Available Settings: 60 ~ 36000(second).
  </Help>
</Value>

<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="8" label="Lux Level Function Enable" value="0" size="1">
  <Help>If this parameter is set to Enable, and when Lux level less than the value define by parameter #5, PIR detector will send a BASIC_SET command frame(i.e. BASIC_SET (value = parameter 3) to an associated device and activate it.
    If Lux Level greater than the value define by parameter #5, PIR detector will not send a BASIC_SET command frame.</Help>
 </Value>

<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="9" label="Ambient illumination Lux Level Report" units="lux" value="100" min="0" max="255" size="1">
  <Help>This parameter defines by how much Lux Level must change, in lux, to be reported to the main controller.</Help>
</Value>

<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="10" label="Led Blink Enable" value="1" size="1">
  <Help>This parameter can enabled or disable the PIR led blinking function. </Help>
 </Value>

While at work I reinitialised node 2 using HABmin. Obviously I couldn’t wake up the device with it being at home and me at work.
By the time I got home and without me waking node 2 it is now detecting movement.

I will reinitialise my other two and see what happens

I also got this Neo Coolcam Sensor, and thanks to this trick it is firing events now when motion is detected. Thanks for this tip!

Actually it is also important to configure items as “Switch” (some other Threads suggest to use “Contact”), this item definition worked for me:

Switch			PIR_Sensor_1					"PIR Sensor 1"						{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:sensor_binary"}
Number			PIR_Sensor_1_Lum				"PIR Sensor 1 Lum [%s]"				{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:sensor_luminance"}
Number			PIR_Sensor_1_Temp				"PIR Sensor 1 Temp [%s]"			{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:sensor_temperature"}
Number			PIR_Sensor_1_Bat				"PIR Sensor 1 Batt [%s]"			{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:battery-level"}
Switch			PIR_Sensor_1_Alarm				"PIR Sensor 1 Alarm"				{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:alarm_burglar"}

Wonder if someone found a solution

I am also having some trouble with this device. I bought 2 and the results are the same for both. The Lux and Temperature do update as expected. But no Events on motion detection. Even though the red led on the device flashes, nothing seems to arrive in OH2.5.

Something that seems odd to me is that when i change the properties i see this in my log (added some newlines for readability)

Thing 'zwave:device:819c77dd:node5' has been updated.

ConfigStatusInfo 
 [configStatusMessages=
 [
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=group_4, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null], 
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=config_12_1, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null], 
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=group_1, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null],
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=config_4_1, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null], 
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=group_3, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null], 
 ConfigStatusMessage [parameterName=group_2, type=PENDING, messageKey=null, arguments=null, message=null, statusCode=null]]]

Is it normal all values are null ?

You can first check in HABMIN if the sensor fires when motion detected. I marked it in the screenshot, if it detects motion, it shows “Alarm”, otherwise “OK”.

Also, make sure to map the right channel to the item:

Switch	PIR_Sensor_1	"PIR Sensor 1 Alarm	{channel="zwave:device:3a7e4c2a:node8:alarm_motion"}

Took some time until I figured this out :wink:

Check also in HABmin if you get Asociation Groups properly - You need to have Controller in 1. Lifeline which should update automatically when asociation is correct. It takes some time to properly initialize those sonsors. You may need to “wake up” several times - just click many times the button under the cover