ZWave Corrupted payload?

There is no data in the encapsulated message from the device, so this is why it’s giving this error. This is a device error - you could try resetting it (ie power cycling) and it might start working.

I’ve now updated the newer version of this device to fix this.

Hi Chris

the corrupted was when i was using Hail, at the suggestion of Aeotec. I swapped back to Basic CC and no error, but it doesnt work.

Are you saying you have just made a binding change to resolve it and I need to update the binding ?

Cheers

Strange - I’m not sure why they would recommend that, but I’ve not really looked at your application. HAIL is not really a nice CC and isn’t really used a lot these days… Hey-ho…

I’ve just checked though and there is a bug with the length detection that prevents it working for HAIL which has a short payload - I’ll update this.

I’ve updated the database so you can use the BASIC option, but the binding is not updated yet.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, ill look out for the update of the binding. Appreciate the fast fixes!

Look here to see when it is updated

Then look here to get the binding if it is updated after the previous link.

1 Like

Its not the firmware, its a binding issue Chris is solving.

1 Like

If you use basic Chris has updated the template. There is no bug in the binding for Basic.

It was just the checkbox on the template needed setting. You could download and manually install if you want it working now.

You can see the 255 came through fine

but this checkbox was not set

so basic was not mapped to SWITCH_BINARY

Unfortunately, there was a bug in the way the short command classes (such as HAIL) were processed when encapsulated in the MC encap CC.

Anyway, it’s been fixed now :slight_smile:

Thanks gents I’ll update the binding tonight :+1::+1:

Unfortunately the issue is the same for me, the manual switch usage does not report the state :frowning: after updating to the latest binding

@robmac are you saying there is still an issue as it certainly appears there is

I’m not sure if the binding has been updated yet as builds have been broken for a couple of days.

ohhh

@chris It looks to me you last pushed 3 days ago & the snapshot was built a little over a day ago.

I haven’t checked - I know that the distribution has been broken for the past few days as we’ve been trying to fix it - parts of the build might have been successful, but parts are failing and I’m personally not sure how this comes together for the distribution these days.

Maybe @dastrix80 can provide a new log and I can take a look at what’s happening with the hail.

Im not using hail, i’m using basic cc. I will get a log for you:grinning:

The item is node 30, hopefully this shows something useful

zwav.txt (185.0 KB)

Well, then that’s why nothing has changed as that was the fix I made as I described earlier. You told me you were using the Hail CC -:

So I fixed this -:

If in fact you’re not using HAIL, you will have to wait for the database to be updated.

Sorry for the confusion, i tried hail, it failed. So I went back to Basic CC, it also failed.

So am I right in saying neither work due to a bug/update required?