Zwave - Cyrus 4 in 1 Sensor - unknown device

Hello,

could you please support and integrate the following device into the ZWAVE database ?

Or let me know what I can do to solve this issue about the unknown device ?

Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

HIDE PROPERTIES
zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic SENSOR_NOTIFICATION
zwave_neighbours 1
zwave_frequent false
zwave_nodeid 3
zwave_version 0.0
zwave_listening false
zwave_routing true
zwave_plus_devicetype UNKNOWN_TYPE
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific NOTIFICATION_SENSOR
zwave_wakeup_time 2017-10-14T07:51:35Z

Best regards
Maik

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database

And there’s a ticket in the OH1 addons tracker for this already, too.

Try waking the device up so that it can complete its initialisation - currently it’s not initialised, and until this completes it won’t be detected even if it is in the database.

Once you have the XML, then you can follow the instructions posted above.

Thanks, issue is solved.

1 Like

Hello,how was the issue solved? I have the same problem…

I have the same issue to, How was this problem solved?

It would be helpful if you said what the problem was since there are a number of reasons for a device not being discovered. It could be that you are running an old version of the binding (so please ensure you are running the latest snapshot), or it could be that your device has a different type/ID than other devices (due to region differences, versions etc). For this we’d need to see the properties of your device.

Hi sorry for my short answer. I have the same problem as maikbooehme.

I want to use the Zwave - Cyrus 4 in 1 Sensor with openhabian 2.3.
The sensor ist online but under configuration - things it says: The device is not in the database.
"cyrus10077_001
Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller."

I’ve read that it is working in OH1 but that doesn’t seam to help me :wink:

Is it just a matter of time and i have to wait?

If not, what logfiles should i provide?

PS: Sorry for my english, my german ist better… :wink:

If we don’t actually do something, it will be a long time :wink:

I don’t think the device is in the database, but to be honest, I’m not actually 100% sure what the device is. I can’t actually find anything in this thread that says the manufacturer or model number etc - Cyrus doesn’t seem to be a known manufacturer, so I’m guessing it’s a brand name or something.

I don’t understand what this is - can you provide an image please?

First thing is to make sure that the device is fully initialised. We need to get the device id, and device type. These are provided as properties once the device is initialised - if they are listed in the thing properties, then there should also be an XML file for this node in the {userdata}/zwave folder. This file is required to add the device to the database. If the device is not initialised, then probably it needs to be woken up a few times so that it can be initialised - the manual should tell you how to do this for the device you have. If after waking the device, it is still not initialising, then we need to get a debug logfile to work out why it is not working.

Database information can be found here.

ok, i have a deeper look at it. Seems to be a steep learning curve.

arg, sorry, i seemed to use the quote wrong. sorry for that.

It looks like it is already in the database as the ZSE40 -:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/307

Ah wow, thank you. Haven’t found it before.

After waking the device up near the base one device is now listed as:
cyrus10077_005
ZSE40 Zooz 4-in-one motion/temperature/humidity/luminance sensor
Zooz 4-in-one motion/temperature/humidity/luminance sensor

Wonderful, now i’m going to learn a bit more about openhabian.

thank you so much.