Zwave database update

Hello, Sorry to post this here and I do not know how to update the online zwave database myself. There is updated documentation on zooz website for Zooz 4-in-one motion/temperature/humidity/luminance sensor (ZSE40)

Parameter 2 (currently not in orig documentation or in database):

Under the temperature section –

Use Parameter 1 (size 1 byte dec) to switch from Celsius
(value 0x00) to Fahrenheit (value 0x01) scale.

Use Parameter 2 (size 1 byte dec) to set temperature change
to be reported by the sensor. Values from 1 to 50, where
1 stands for 0.1 degree and 50 stands for 5 degrees. Default
set to 1 degree (value 10) – the sensor will report new temperature
value to the controller whenever temperature goes
1 degree up or down

Can someone update this please?

edit: online db link: http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/307

Thanks,
Brian

There is a little confusion with this parameter as there are 3 manuals for the device, and two show this parameter, and one doesn’t (I believe in age, it’s the middle one that doesn’t). I’m not sure if that means one is just an ommission, or if there are multiple versions of the firmware.

I guess on average we can probably add this and see if it causes any issues. If it does, we’ll have to find a way to create multiple versions of the device.

I will try and take a look over the next few days - of course anyone with an account on the site can do this :wink:

Hi Chris,
Thanks for updating the entry. I do see an error in the channels. I tried to put that in as well but I don’t see it when I do the export.

removed basic and type burglar from this xml fragment:

<channel id="alarm_burglar" typeId="alarm_burglar">
    <label>Alarm (burglar)</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">ALARM</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

Added missing channel, new xml fragment:

<channel id="sensor_binary" typeId="sensor_binary">
    <label>Sensor Motion</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">BASIC</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

Also is there way I can put this in my local installation to try out? Currently I can’t get the sensor to work. I get lots of errors. First thing first, if I could either test locally the changes or if the db could be updated. That be great…

I am looking at the zwave bindings example for openhab (first one) is how I saw the channel was missing and the alarm channel looks incorrect:

Contact UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_TAMPER “Upstairs Hallway Tamper [MAP(zwave_motion.map):%s]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=ALARM”}
Number UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_BATTERY “Upstairs Hallway Battery [%d %%]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=BATTERY”}
Number UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_TEMPERATURE “Upstairs Hallway Temperature [%.2f F]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,sensor_scale=1”}
Number UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_LIGHT “Upstairs Hallway Light [%.1f %%]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=3”}
Number UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_REL_HUMID “Upstairs Hallway RH [%.0f %%]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=5”}
Contact UPSTAIRS_HALLWAY_PIR_MOTION “Upstairs Hallway Motion [MAP(zwave_motion.map):%s]” (Group_Motion, Group_Persistence, Group_Upstairs) {zwave=“58:command=BASIC”}

From what I can see in the database, you haven’t changed anything which is why the export hasn’t change… What did you actually try and change?

You would need to compile your own binding - it’s not possible to put the database somewhere and have it be picked up by an existing binding.

@chris sorry I thought I could upload the xml it would accept my changes. I did not understand I had to use the gui to make my changes.

However, using the gui I can’t remove the channel: alarm_burglar

This sub channel that was marked by type=buglar doesn’t seem correct. The command is just ALARM not ALARM;type=burglar

I can’t figure out how to delete the channel from the gui. Please remove it for me if you agree.

When all is said and done, the exported xml should reflect:

<channel id="alarm_burglar" typeId="alarm_burglar">
    <label>Alarm (burglar)</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">ALARM</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>
  <channel id="sensor_binary" typeId="sensor_binary">
    <label>Sensor Motion</label>
    <properties>
      <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">BASIC</property>
    </properties>
  </channel>

Atleast that is what I think it should be. I have never modified any zwave configs. From openhab 1 configs though:

tamper/burglar = {zwave=“58:command=ALARM”}
and motion = {zwave=“58:command=BASIC”}

Also when in habmin for openhab2 there is no channel for the motion for the device. I am guessing this is why.

Thanks,
Brian

If you delete the entry, then you will have no ALARM channel. I don’t think that’s what you want?

Thank you @chris! I think I figured it out… That area is fine, the basic one needed the channel added. Again sorry just figuring out how all this works. I submitted the changes and requested approval. Thanks again for your patience.

-Bri

Great stuff - and no probs at all :slight_smile:

@bri just a note that I reverted the changes for the sensors you made as this wasn’t correct. The other changes were fine.

Cool np! kind of stumbling my way through this :slight_smile:

I am going to try them out. How do I get my “thing” updated to the latest?

If you’ve compiled your own binding with the updated XML, then you will need to delete the thing, and add it back in. Don’t exclude the device from the network - just delete, click the discovery button again, and it should instantly be rediscovered. Add it back and you should be good to go.

If you’ve not compiled a binding, you’ll need to wait till I update the repo and grab the snapshot. I’ll try and do this before I go to bed so it should be compiled in a few hours time.

Hi Chris,
Its been a while I figure I would give openhab 2 zwave another try. When adding this same device I get that its unknown now.

The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.

Its this device: http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/307

I am not sure what I am doing wrong or how to get it to recognize it.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,
If this used to work (ie I mean it is recognised), then chances are that the device might need waking up so that it can be configured in OH2 since it is a battery device.

Chris

So I did the usually, click the zwave button on the device a bunch of times, made it flash and I watched the controller flash sending and receiving. I read in the manual it uses secure inclusion, so I switched the setting in paper ui on the controller for secure inclusion from entry devices to all. I still can’t get it to not be unknown. Is there some other trick to get it include?

Is there somewhere I can see other than this “0082:6015:020D::2.0” that was in the message? Is that the info it would use to look up in the database?

Thanks,
Brian

Update -

If I go to paper ui, remove the thing. Then go to my inbox and scan again, it comes in identified properly without touching the device at all.

Maybe something up here? I’ll see if I can get any data out of it.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Chris,

I’ve installed the Zwave binding via Paper UI and Aeon labs devices are working correctly. The Fibaro FGPB 101 is listed in the current database however it still shows up as unknown device when discovered. I read that it can use different type ID’s etc…

In a previous post you mentioned I should upgrade to the latest Zwave binding snapshot. Is there also the option of just upgrading the Zwave database by downloading the database tar file and extracting to the correct directory?

Thanks for your dedication to Zwave.

No - the database is a part of the binding - you need to update the binding.

Hi guys, got a ZooZ ZSE30 water sensor. Pairing worked, but OH is not able to complete initialization. I tried wakeup more than 20 times, devices gets ONLINE, but initialization is not completed (even node xml is not created). I tried the latest SNAPSHOT of the zwave binding with same result.

Searching the internet I found the device xml:

but I’m note sure if the latest binding include that information. Chris’ Device Database has only an entry for the ZSE40, but not for the ZSE30.

@chris: Could you give an info if the zse30 is included in the latest binding?

This XML is not for OH. The database will create the XML for OH - you can’t just use XML files from other software.

Yes - it is.

Looking at the image you posted from HABmin, there is no manufacturer or type/id. This means that the binding has not been able to communicate with the device yet. Normally this is because the device has not been woken up within range of the controller, but if you have done this, then possibly the inclusion has not worked correctly.

I would try excluding the device and adding it back into the network. If that doesn’t work, then you should get a debug log so we can see what is happening.

I found the magic in another manual:
Troubleshooting Tips
If you are unable to include the Z-Wave Water Sensor to your controller, try one of the following:

• Bring the sensor closer to your hub or use a hand-held secondary controller to perform inclusion
    - Once in inclusion mode, press and release the Z-Wave button quickly 6-7 TIMES to ensure the command has gone through
  • Put your controller in EXCLUSION mode. Press and release the Z-Wave button quickly 3 TIMES, and then try adding the sensor to your network again
  • You may need to change the device type manually if the sensor is not recognized correctly (email us for more info: ask@getzooz.com)

Pressing the button 7 times and several cycles brought me through the INITIALIZATION process completed. Now it’s up an running and alarms are reported correctly.
@chris: thanks for you help