ZWave DB change... history?

hi @chris

can I see the history of DB entries somehow.

the device
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/330
was modified 3 months ago and stays now as unknown device after I started with a fresh Openhab.

cheers

thanks!

So easy :wink: but there is no “search” for the history. I will try to find it :wink:

Not sure what scotts issues was I asked in the other thread… lets see.

Only a couple of thousands entries to search manually, what do you complain :rofl::heart_eyes:

The best option is to use Github. The database history is very verbose and not really useful for most users.

If you simply use github, you can see exactly what actually changed where it counts - ie in the binding. It’s what I use - I only use the database history when I’m reviewing changes for approval…

1 Like

thanks
so that was added…
any chance this can be tthe reason for the non working initalization?

<!-- STATIC DEFINITIONS --> <parameter name="node_id" type="integer" min="1" max="232" readOnly="true" required="true"> <label>Node ID</label> <advanced>true</advanced> </parameter>

No - this is standard for all devices, and was actually already included in the thing configuration before it was added to the XML (it was injected dynamically, but due to a bug in ESH I ended up adding it statically to all XML).

If the initialisation doesn’t complete, what does the logfile show? This will answer your question.

I know ;-D

thought it was quicker to find the stuff changed by Russ and rollback…
as the “funky stuff” he mentions :wink: … were needed :D:D:D

That makes the assumption that it’s linked. I’m not really sure how it can be if the only thing that was changed was in the overview.

Is the history in GH complete? https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/commits/development/ESH-INF/thing/dlink/dchz510_0_0.xml. Either I’m missing something, or GH is.

The “funky stuff in the overview” was the table in the first post of the other thread. It had been pasted in from the PDF manual, which gave it some odd formatting that caused issues when viewing the device in Paper UI. IIRC, Habmin just ignored it entirely. My memory is a little foggy on the specifics, but the change I made was to improve usability of Paper UI for this device, and the change I made should not have affected any functionality of the device.

GH maintains the history for all files, so should be complete unless the files changed names etc. This did happen a while ago when I moved all the XML files from a single folder, into separate folders per manufacturer. This is what you see here (back in March).

If you wanted to go further back you’d have to look at the old file.

The change I made was 22 July, so between the commit dates in GH… hmmm.

That can’t have been made to GH though - or at least, there is no record of it, so I’m not sure on what basis you are saying that the change was made then? If I look at the commit on the 22 July, there is no record of a change to that file.

I would really be surprised if GH can be wrong here.

I found it… was in the commit from 18 Aug. The month time span led me astray. Here is the change I made to the overview…

Before (with funk in the Overview)

Siren<br />
<h2>Inclusion Information</h2>
    <ol><li>Have Z-Wave Controller enter inclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Pressing tamper key three times within 1.5 seconds to enter the inclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>After add successful, the LED will light ON 1 second </li> </ol><br />
<h2>Exclusion Information</h2>
    <ol><li>Have Z-Wave Controller enter exclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Pressing tamper key three times within 1.5 seconds to enter the exclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Node ID has been excluded. </li> </ol>

After

Siren<br />
<h1>Overview</h1>
    <p>The DCH-Z510 mydlink Z-Wave Siren is a wireless siren.</p> <br />
<h2>Inclusion Information</h2>
    <ol><li>Have Z-Wave Controller enter inclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Pressing tamper key three times within 1.5 seconds to enter the inclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>After add successful, the LED will light ON 1 second </li> </ol><br />
<h2>Exclusion Information</h2>
    <ol><li>Have Z-Wave Controller enter exclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Pressing tamper key three times within 1.5 seconds to enter the exclusion mode.</li> 
    <li>Node ID has been excluded. </li> </ol>

Looks like the funky table prevented the entire <h1>Overview</h1> section from being exported altogether, which could explain the issues in Paper UI.