ZWave Device Configuration Changes

I have a number of ZWave devices (Thermostats, TRV’s) that control my heating and hot water system. For the system to work effectivily I have set the wake up interval to be 900 seconds for all of the battery devices involved. When the weather is warm, such as late spring, summer and early autum there is very little need to change any settings.

Is it possible to alter the wake up interval via a rule or script, rather than selecting each device and updating it’s configuration?

Not really. You could work out how to do that against the REST API but that’s pretty awkward.
A way more intelligent solution would be to put your battery devices on mains power (5 VDC).
Critical infrastructure (that’s what all HVAC stuff belongs to) should always be wired.

Thanks for your reply.

Changing my TRV’s over to mains powered isn’t a practical option, I have 13 of them and none are near plug sockets. So the overall costs would out way the benefits

I’ll take a look and see what’s available in the REST api documentation.

There are some open PRs that should help with this…

BTW, you can do this using the new rule engine with scripted automation…

from core.log import logging, LOG_PREFIX, log_traceback
log = logging.getLogger("{}.TEST".format(LOG_PREFIX))

from org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing import ThingUID

thing = things.get(ThingUID("zwave:device:55555:node55"))
log.warn("before [{}]".format(thing.configuration))
thing.setProperty("wakeup_interval", "3600")
log.warn("after [{}]".format(thing.configuration))

Just remember that the device needs to wakeup in order to get the new wakeup interval!

Thanks @5iver,

That’s exactly what I was looking for, currently running 2.4. But also have a clean build running 2.5, I’m trying to tidy up everything.