Zwave Device in database but different than mine

I have 4 thermostats which seem to be XL624 (Trane) but are marketed by American Standard.
I checked in my node xml files and they are the same manufacturer and device type as in the database here:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/282

But my device id is different: 
  <manufacturer>0x8b</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x5443</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x5452</deviceType>

They get set up as things in paperui but don’t seem to be accessable (meaning I can’t see the values or any command abilities).
Looks like I need it added (I think).

Edit: I noticed today that the database was updated to include my device ID:

References (Type:Id)	5452:5439,5452:5443

Thanks to whoever did that, but this raises some questions as well.
For example, the database specifies ver 2 for this command class and mine says ver 1 (although 3 is supported)

<commandClass>THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE</commandClass>
-<thermostatFanModeCommandClass>
<version>1</version>
<instances>1</instances>
<versionSupported>3</versionSupported>
-<fanModeTypes>
<fanModeType>CIRCULATE</fanModeType>
<fanModeType>AUTO_LOW</fanModeType>
<fanModeType>ON_LOW</fanModeType>
</fanModeTypes>
<isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
</thermostatFanModeCommandClass>
</entry>
-

Also, my device supports the recently(?) implemented CLOCK class:

<commandClass>CLOCK</commandClass>
-<clockCommandClass>
<version>1</version>
<instances>1</instances>
<versionSupported>1</versionSupported>
</clockCommandClass>
</entry>
-<entry>

So should the existing device in the database be updated?

Sorry for replying to myself but since there has been no response to my question I was wondering when my device will be integrated into the database.
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/282#overview
It has been in the status of “This device is awaiting review following updates.” for a while now.
I assume that the update was the addition of my device Type:Id
I can provide the node.xml file for this device if needed.
Thanks.

This doesn’t matter what the database says. The actual version is found from the device during discovery.

The CLOCK class was added to OH2 a long time ago, but OH1 recently - I assume from the tag on this message that you’re using OH2? In this case, yes, it will need to be updated in the database.[quote=“nekmech, post:2, topic:12174”]
I was wondering when my device will be integrated into the database.
[/quote]

It looks like the database still needs information adding? Does the device contain configuration or association parameters? If so, they should be added and someone then should request a review if this hasn’t already been done?

Thanks for your response.

The CLOCK class was added to OH2 a long time ago, but OH1 recently - I assume from the tag on this message that you’re using OH2? In this case, yes, it will need to be updated in the database.

Yes, I’m using OH2. How should that be accomplished? I per your instructions here
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide
That I could upload my node xml file to update the device but since I don’t see that option, I’m assuming it requires a login id.

It looks like the database still needs information adding? Does the device contain configuration or association parameters? If so, they should be added and someone then should request a review if this hasn’t already been done?

Yes, I saw that message too and checked my device. It too has the configuration and associations tags but there are no parameters defined for them, so basically it is the same in that regard.

Firstly, yes, to make changes to the database you will need to create a login and I’ll need to give you access - no problem though…

However, given this device is already reasonably complete (ie most of the endpoints are already loaded) the system will not allow another XML file to be loaded. It does this to avoid screwing things up by loading a bad file. However, it now means that if classes are missing, that they need to be added manually (again, simple enough).

What do you mean by “checked my device”?

If the device needs configuration adding, then this information must come from the user manual.

I just meant that my node xml file looks the same in that respect. I was assuming that if these tags had parameters, they would show up in the xml created when the device was discovered. The manual does not mention anything like this. I assume that’s because the manual only mentions Nexia connectivity and they don’t really intend for anyone using it’s Zwave capability in any other way.

Edit: btw, since this device is a rebranded XL624 by “American Standard” they call it: ACONT624AS42DA
A bit of a mouthful…

No - information on configuration parameters at least is only available in supplier documentation.

We can release it with no information, but it might significantly limit the devices use - especially if we don’t know what the associations do.

Based on the parameters I currently see defined, it’s a darn good start.
I suppose if we ever manage to get more info we can update it later.
I’ll keep digging around the net to see what I can find, but think it should be released as is.

Thanks.

Currently there are NO parameters defined at all, so maybe not such a good start :wink:[quote=“nekmech, post:8, topic:12174”]
I suppose if we ever manage to get more info we can update it later.
[/quote]

Yes, if we get more information, we can update it…

Perhaps I misunderstand the configuration then.
I thought that since SENSOR_MULTILEVEL has 3 sensor values (relative humidity, temperature, general), it would at least be able to report the temperature and humidity in the rooms they are mounted.

No - this isn’t the configuration and association parameters. These are specified under the respective sections in the database and they are empty. If the device uses associations for reporting (which is the normal way to report to the controller) then you won’t get any updates.

We can release it as it is, but I fear it won’t work well.

I just looked up another properly configured thermostat in the database and I can see what you mean. :unamused:
We only have ENDPOINTS but nothing else.

I spent a while trying to find any information for XL624/ACONT624/TCONT624 but although it is working with Nexia and Vera, there just doesn’t seem to be any info out there. I find it a bit strange that it works (at least partially) with Vera without doing anything thing besides the “pairing”.

Looks like I’m not going to get these integrated with OH2.
Thanks for your help.