Zwave Echolink dual toggle switch flagged as unknown device

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry PI 4
    • Zwave usb stick: GoControl CECOMINOD016164 HUSBZB-1 USB Hub
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0 - Release Build

I am running a fresh install of the release of Openhabian.

I’ve set the system up, and got my Insteon network all set up.

I’m trying to add my first Z-wave device
I have the binding set up… the usb stick is working. and I was able to include the device. But it shows up as Thing Type Unknown Device.

The device in question is a dual gang toggle switch, that fits over existing normal light toggle switches.

The one toggle version of this device appears to be in the zwave database.
This version is actually two separate single toggles that sit side by side on the light switches.

It’s a battery device so I undersand it could take a while to get fully discovered, but it’s been a couple hours now.

I’ve been reading on general issues with z-wave sticks and battery devices here for a few days so as I understand it I either have to just wait longer, or the device is not in the database.

One clue is this openhab.log line that the binding prints out:

2021-12-05 17:30:47.264 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 3: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 014A:0006:0004::10.1

If I look at the xml file for node 3 (my switch) it looks like it has the essential information in it such as manufacturer and device ID and device type.

So I’m looking for what to do next? Wait longer, or does the device need to be added to the database?

As you’ve basically worked out, the device has been discovered ok (in that the binding has the information required to decide what type of device it is). From the manufacturer information, I can confirm that the device isn’t in the database, so will need to be added.

You can find instructions at the following link. You’ll need to create an account there then open a ticket and I’ll give you edit access.

I just signed up and made a ticket

Ok thank you. I uploaded the xml file and filled in the other required info. And I requested a review. Once it really gets added to the database, what is the procedure to install the new database on my machine?

Thanks

just to follow up, after the switch was added to the database, i switched over to the snapshot distribution, and the switch started working

on and off works great, but the battery level reads zero… i’ll look more in to that.

1 Like