ZWave fails to add ZW075 Smart Energy Switch 3rd Edition

With the latest ZWave binding I get the following problem when I try to add a ZW075 Smart Energy Switch 3rd Edition
This device worked with a ZWave binding from January.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid type ‘{org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSwitchAllCommandClass.SwitchAllMode}’ of configuration value!
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigUtil.normalizeType(ConfigUtil.java:78)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core:0.9.0.201702100936]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.ConfigUtil.normalizeType(ConfigUtil.java:56)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core:0.9.0.201702100936]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.Configuration.setProperties(Configuration.java:184)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core:0.9.0.201702100936]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler.updateConfiguration(BaseThingHandler.java:475)[109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.201702100936]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ConfigStatusThingHandler.updateConfiguration(ConfigStatusThingHandler.java:65)[109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.201702100936]

I don’t think this has changed (ever) so the problem was probably there before. Are you configuring the switch all mode?

Chris, this is exactly what I’m seeing with todays update as well. Something got broken. Took out ALL my working switches. If you remove and re-add you get the error above.

I am seeing the same. Updated to latest OH2 snapshot today and now my FGD212 dimmer has stopped working. I have removed it and added it again and I now just get an exception.

Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:device:15a1034526a:node4': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid type '{org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSwitchAllCommandClass.SwitchAllMode}' of configuration value!
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid type '{org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSwitchAllCommandClass.SwitchAllMode}' of configuration value!

See the solution here -:

This doesn’t work for me. I tried setting it to a few things which results in the thing coming online, however the device will not respond to commands.

NODE 4: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:15a1034526a:node4:switch_dimmer with PercentType

I have noticed if I restart openhab I still get the exception message.

Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'zwave:device:15a1034526a:node4': java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid type '{org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSwitchAllCommandClass.SwitchAllMode}' of configuration value!
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid type '{org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSwitchAllCommandClass.SwitchAllMode}' of configuration value!

I would try uninstalling the zwave binding and adding it again - just to make sure that the latest binding is being used as this change was made late last night.

If that doesn’t fix the issue for each device, then I’m not sure what to suggest at the moment.

I gave up and rolled back to the 2.0 stable.

If you are using a package manager, then this update only flowed through the system this afternoon.

I am trying to migrate Aeotec ZW075 Smart Switch Gen5 to a new Z-wave serial controller on Synology DS216J via a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, Z-Wave Plus USB device.

Migration went fine until I got to the Smart Switch Gen5 FW075-C07. After a few attempts I managed to link the smart plug, through the paper UI.

However when I go to the inbox repeatedly get the same unknown device warning.
Here is an extract from my openhab.log.
As I’m new to Openhab I haven’t manged to figure out how to enable debugging yet.

2018-03-02 23:07:06.976 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:10:32.727 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:10:38.509 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:10:45.777 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:10:56.872 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:15:10.788 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF:7FFFFFFF::0.0
2018-03-02 23:15:10.828 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing ‘zwave:device:5790aed0:node2’ to inbox.

Anyone had this problem before and can recommend a possible solution?

As I said on github, this is normally caused by the device not having woken up. You should wake up the device a few times to allow it to initialise. If it doesn’t initialise, then provide a debug log so we can see what is happening.

I’ve managed to make some progress by reinstalling Zwave binding and starting again.
All of my Zwave devices are now visible. :slight_smile:

However the ZW075 Smart Energy Switch is now showing as offline, but I can turn the switch on and off from HABmin and can hear the relay on the smart plug activating?

Will keep investigating, but thanks for the quick reply today.