Zwave Feature Needed : polling a zwave device from a rule

I obviously don’t know the code very well, but I think there may be a bug based on what I’m seeing (in my logs and in the code). A couple of logs messages indicate that it is 50s before it polls, and I also noticed this line in the code in the startPolling method:

pollingJob = scheduler.scheduleAtFixedRate(pollingRunnable, initialPeriod, pollingPeriod, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

Here’s my logs to back it up:

2016-03-10 16:58:52.043 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command received zwave:ge_zw3003_00_000:1533f07f1de:node2:switch_dimmer --> REFRESH 2016-03-10 16:58:52.046 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling intialised at 1800 seconds. 2016-03-10 16:59:42.045 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling...

If you look at the timestamps, it’s 50 from the REFRESH request to the actual polling. (16:58:52 → 16:59:42).

Yes - that’s what I meant. The delay should be 50ms, but there’s a bug in the binding that makes it 50 seconds. I’ve fixed that already so it will be in tomorrows binding…

A great. I mis-understood your comment. I thought you were asserting that it was 50ms. I think once the polling actually works (as in updates the state properly) this will be golden.

I think I’ve just spotted the problem with polling as well, so I’ll put a fix in place for this as well - thanks :slight_smile:.

Hey All,

So I am basically doing this:

// zwave device status check
rule "CheckZwaveDevices"
when
    Item zw2Ping received update ON or
    Item zw3Ping received update ON or
    Item zw4Ping received update ON or
    Item zw5Ping received update ON or
    Item zw6Ping received update ON or
    Item zw7Ping received update ON or
    Item zw8Ping received update ON
then
        logInfo("Security", "SECURITY: zWave Device problem!")
        sendMail("alerts@cidcomm.com", "zWave Device Problem!", "zWave Device Problem!")
end

/*Zwave device check and alerting*/
Switch zw2Ping "Node2 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="2:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw3Ping "Node3 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="3:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw4Ping "Node4 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="4:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw5Ping "Node5 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="5:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw6Ping "Node6 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="6:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw7Ping "Node7 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="7:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }
Switch zw8Ping "Node8 Status: [MAP(nodeping.map):%s]" <sensor> (persist) { zwave="8:command=INFO, item=DEAD, refresh_interval=300" }

My logs show polling every 5 seconds. Binding version 1.9.

Questions:
1.Any way to change this to a higher value?
2. Is this talking to the binding and the binding is responding versus talking to the device every 5 seconds and killing the battery?

thanks!!

bueler? bueler? lol