Zwave FGK101 door sensor with temperature sensor

Hi,
I’ve read all the posts about Fibaro’s FGK101 door sensor. The sensor is reporting OPEN/CLOSED and battery level fine. However, I’ve added a one-wire temperature probe and I am trying to get temperature readings off the unit but can’t get any…
Should I get the value on Habmin? I don’t see it there…
I’ve set my item as following:
Number Door_Bat “Door: Bat [%s %%]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:command=BATTERY” } -> WORKS
Number Door_Bat2 “Door: Bat2 [%s %%]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:1:command=BATTERY” } -> WORKS
Number Door_Temp “Temp Door [%.1f °C]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp2 “Temp Door2 [%.1f °C]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp3 “Temp Door3 [%.1f °C]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:1” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp4 “Temp Door4 [%.1f °C]" { zwave=“5:2:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp5 “Temp Door5 [%.1f °C]” { zwave=“5:0:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp6 “Temp Door6 [%.1f °C]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:1:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1” } -> NOT WORKING
Number Door_Temp7 “Temp Door7 [%.1f °C]” (Inside) { zwave=“5:1:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL” } -> NOT WORKING

Any help is greatly appreciated

I thought one-wire was a completely separate technology. There is a https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/One-Wire-Binding separate one-wire binding so I would expect a different binding configuration than z-wave. Perhaps I don’t understand what you mean by “added a one-wire temperature probe”.

Sorry, my mistake, it’s a DS18b20 probe attached to the door sensor. Fibaro’s door sensors allow for these probes to be added.

Cool! I didn’t know such things existed. Wish I had some advice to help. Good luck!

Yes, it’s cool, you can add a thermometer for less than two bucks! If you get it to work…

Although it is not mentioned in the FGK101 manual, it is true for the FGBS-001 Universal Sensor: after installation of the temperature sensor you have to excluded and include the sensor to your z-wave network:

Note!
Every time when any changes are made to the
configuration of TP and TD lines (1-wire), e.g. when
DS18B20 sensor(s) is (are) included/excluded, it is
necessary to execute the procedure of exclusion
and repeated inclusion of the sensor module to the
central hub. It should be remembered that the
system shall enter into the programming mode only
once all the connected sensors have been
detected (about 10 s).

So if you really tried already everything else you should give this a chance.

Good luck.

1 Like

This is definitely also the case for the FGK101 - it works fine here for me…

Thanks @chris and @sihui, I did try to exclude and include although not sure the procedure went fine… I will try again. If my node ID is 5, should I be using an endpoint ID for the temperature? How do I know which? Does Habmin show the temperature readings?

I used the following -:
Number FrontDoor_Temperature "Front Door Temperature [%.1f C]" { zwave="5:2:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, sensor_type=1" }

No - you’ll need to configure the sitemap to show the temperature…

1 Like

Got it working, had to exclude/include once more and @chris’ configuration (endpoint “2”) gives the temperature reading:

Thanks

Hello,

I tried to configure the FGK101 door sensor with the DS18B20 but i have troubles.
I am using OH2 with the latest Habmin 0.1.7 and i thought maybe i can get the temp-sonsor runing directly with the Habmin.
i have installed the DS18B20, excluded the door sensor from the z-wave network, reset the sensor and included it again, but habmin dont show the temp channel.
Furthermore, i tried to configure it within my item file with the

but also no data available. Does somebody have an idea

Thanks

Works for me on OH1.

Here is Habmin’s configuration:

I also have a similar issue the a Fibaro FIB_FGK-101 and a DS18B20 sensor (using OH2).

When I iclude the Device the temperature is displayed but then the temperature is not updating although I sensor under a lamp, outside… (no update in Habmin, PaperUI, consequently not in my sitemap)!

The door sensor itselfs works fine… the open/close status is displayed immediately.

here my item:
Number TempG "Temp G: [%.1f °C]" <temperature> { channel="zwave:device:1574b57a352:node13:sensor_temperature2" }

Is there a posibility to configure the update intervall or something like that? Or any other idea what I’m doing wrong?

Now it seems to work:

2016-10-24 18:32:33.045 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 23.37 to 22.87
2016-10-24 18:39:35.486 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 22.87 to 22.37
2016-10-24 20:13:52.785 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 22.37 to 34.62
2016-10-24 21:00:12.203 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 34.62 to 35.06
2016-10-24 22:06:23.965 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 35.06 to 34.37
2016-10-24 22:10:20.400 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 34.37 to 31.87
2016-10-24 22:12:10.362 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 31.87 to 30.87
2016-10-24 22:13:13.478 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 30.87 to 30.37
2016-10-24 22:18:43.186 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - zwave_device_1574b57a352_node13_sensor_temperature2 changed from 30.37 to 28.37

@nibi79 could you share how did you manage to get it working?
I’m using Z-wave binding in 2.0.0.SNAPSHOT version.
Installed termometers and then excluded and reset the sensor.
In openHAB I’ve added a new thing and shortly after it recognized the device type I linked DoorSensor, Battery and Temperature to proper items.

Door sensor seem to work, but nothing else does.
I see that Battery and Temperature’s value is NaN.

I’d appreciate any help! :slight_smile:

the problem is that I’ ve no idea how I solved the problem :weary:

The only tip is to exclude the sensor and then include it again. Try to heal the device over HABmin panel.

Apart from this, I realized that my battery level is ‘NaN’ too and I haven’t seen the battery level until now.

I believe the range of the zwave battery devices is a problem when the sensors try to update the values. It only works fine when the device is in the near of my razberry modul.So when i put the door sensor in another room it seems there is a connection problem although I put the sensor directly to fibaro wallplug (and there should me a mesh network). It only works sometimes although there are big temperature changes throughout the day owing to lamp with big heat radiation.

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve had my fair share of problems with z-wave and oh2.
I recommend excluding the device. Then hardware reset the device, and then include it again.
Also make sure the device is fully initialized before starting to use it, and when it’s initializing, have it close to your controller.

If you have the z-wave plus version (Firmware 3.2+), use this procedure:

Resetting the Door/Window Sensor: 
Reset procedure deletes EEPROM’s memory, including all information 
on the Z-Wave network and the main controller.
Open the cover.
Remove the battery.
Install the battery while holding both TMP buttons.
Release the TMP button within 5 seconds.
Visual  indicator  will  blink  3  times  to  confirm  launching  of  reset  
procedure.
Wait around 30s for the resetting process to end, do not remove 
the battery.
Visual LED indicator will blink 6 times to confirm the reset.