Zwave - FGRGBW RGBW Controller color_color control

I just tested it here and it works fine for me. I didn’t use PaperUI - just a sitemap with a color control and a slider. The color control controlled, well, the color, and the slider controlled the brightness.

Hey chris , did exactly the same thing , i still find it weard that the color class works in other sitemaps but not the paperui.
This was also my question from the beginning why it does not work in the paperui.
the good part is that we do no longer need rules to make rgbw work :slight_smile:

kindest regards

I’m pretty sure I’ve used PaperUI in the past with the color picker - the reason I didn’t use it when testing yesterday is because I have a modified version of PaperUI to try and improve it, and it was just easier for me to use BasicUI.

So if I understand you then, the RGBW light is working fine then?

:slight_smile:

Actually, I remember this issue now -:

which is apparently fixed, but I’m not so sure… I think this might have caused the issue that you are seeing - maybe you can check the logs to see if you see this.

my rgbw is indeed working now in all other UI but the Paper ui.
Reading the bug it seems simular.
when i indeed select a color i see an update but then the device goes to status off, i cannot use the S or B slider nor the Color in Paperui.
the only thing i can do is turn it on and of and use my dimmers separate to choose a color.
But as said , in other UI’s it calculates fine so for me the issue is Paper ui not sending correct values or not picking them up correcty.

kindest regards

I was able to use the colorpicker without any additional UI element using this rule:

rule "Change Brightness at Kitchen"
when
	Item RGBWPickerKitchen changed
then
	logInfo("Change Brightness at Kitchen","Changed brightness")
	sendCommand(RGBWDimmerKitchen,(RGBWPickerKitchen.state as HSBType).brightness)
end
1 Like

I just hit the original problem, too.

Any solution to this other than to send COLOR first and another brightness adjustment command after it
FWIW, I’m using the dev zwave binding, is it any different from the standard one w.r.t. to this brightness thing ?