Zwave Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212) not able to set Dimmer-Value

Sorry - I’m currently travelling around and have had little time over the past 10 days or so with a lot of meetings etc.

I guess the log file has timed out as the link doesn’t work for me. Note that I’m still travelling with a few long flights back down under over the next couple of days :tired_face:

Thank you very mutch for your help.
Here the log file again (for 7 days): WeSendit - Swiss File Transfer Service

One thing to try, while you are waiting and if you have not tried before is to “exclude devices” from the controller UI page (not delete thing from the thing page) one of the devices and reinclude as a new node number. Prior to excluding I like to unlink all items (but not delete them), so I can link the new channels to the existing item. That way you do not have to change anything in rules or other UI items. After excluding you could factory reset the device (if excluding doesn’t do that automatically). when including you can activate the Debug.

Anyway just a thought.

Again the logfile: WeSendit - Swiss File Transfer Service

Again same logfile for next 7 days: WeSendit - Swiss File Transfer Service

Again 7 days: WeSendit - Swiss File Transfer Service

Hi everybody,

I am facing the same issue.
After many many inclusions/exclusions remove/add thing Figaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212), upgrade Openhab to 3.4.1, I am still unable to switch on on off the light and neither get light status.

This issue found a solution ?
If not, I attached my openhab.log through the link : openhab.log.

The FGD212 is include as Node 3.

Many thanks for help…

In the log the Node has not finished initialization, so the dimmer channel is not yet active. There seems to be some holdups in the radio communications.

I’m not an expert on this but I believe when the REQ finally arrives after 9 seconds it is too late. The initializer stops five seconds after the last transmission (TX). You could try deleting the thing and going to the inbox/zwave/scan to pick it up again. Moving it closer to the controller might help also.

I suspect you do not have 5 lines at the bottom of the node 3 Ui page (need the “reinitialize device” one)
Five Lines of configured node

Lastly I believe the problem above was also network congestion, but do not know if it was ever resolved.

Thanks for your reply.
The distance between my Raspberry and the FDG212 device is about 5 meters without any wall between.
However my Zwave usb key is plugged on the close usb port where there is my Zigbee Usb Key.
Despite both doesn’t work at the same frequency, I will try what you suggest without any Zigbee key plugged.

Two other thoughts

1. if that test works try a usb cable extension to avoid interference.
  2. consider a powered usb hub. It could be that the zigbee gets busy and causes a power dip on the usb? I have my zstick on a powered hub in case the rpi4 gets busy and the usb power dips.

Thanks for your support.

While I unplugged the Zigbee Key, put the raspberry Pi (3) close to the FGD212 and scan again for device, I still detect an FGD212 without the ability to remotely be commande.
Still have error Command class SWITCH_MULTILEVEL not found when processing command on endpoint 1
I will forgive.
Sorry but Zwave integration in Openhab still a nightmare and I am not able to resolve it.

Buy trying using my other smartphone box Homeassistant I success in pairing and having all FGD212 features. This even this box is 20 m distant with big wall to pass through.

Thanks for all however.

Probably too late for you, but I made a change in the DB that will be available in a few days that might fix this. One question; What is the firmware version of your device? It is on the UI page with the Properties drop down (example from another device)

* zwave_version 3.3
* versionMin 3.2

Thanks

The FGD212 properties shows :

* zwave version : 3.5
* versionMin : 3.5

If it could help other people :wink:

Thanks

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I edited the right device!

The binding was updated early today so if anyone else has this problem on a version 3.5 device or greater, try Build #208 or later. It is a 4.0 snapshot so Java 17 will be needed as well.