ZWave, Fibaro Dimmer2, Scene Activation, "Channel unlinked, polling stopped"

That’s fine. That is how we did it the last couple of years and should still be working fine.

What does “Group 3 set to your controller” mean?

I activated scenes in the FGD itself (parameter 28). Is there some other place to activate it? Also, I did have only S1 connected (don’t have a dual switch). BUT, it’s (or at least it was) actually enough to connect S1 to S2 and triple click on the one switch will trigger the scene activation.

That can be set by the user? I thought that on Z-Wave Plus devices only the Group 1 Lifeline was set to the controller. Am I mistaken? Chris could not think of any exceptions but perhaps this is one.

It was late yesterday and I picked the wrong device (Dimmer 1 instead of Dimmer 2).
No, for the Dimmer 2 you don’t need to set the association group to your controller, since a couple of month this is done by the binding.

For non Zwave plus devices you need to set the correct association group to the controller. This was the main culprit in support questions in this forum, so Chris decided to make it more user friendly and implemented an automated setting for the plus devices.

1 Like

Do you guys have any hint on what I could do to try and fix it? There seems to be some kind of message when I triple press…

Is there a chance that factory resetting the ZWave devices and including/setting them up fresh might help?

I got it to work. I did have to set the association groups (I did that in HABmin). Somehow, all groups were empty. I guess when installing openHAB from scratch and not resetting the ZWave controller or something that stuff gets lost?

Is it enough to set the groups as seen in the screenshot below? Or do other groups have to be set as well (for everything to work correctly)?