Zwave Fibaro Smoke sensor / state change during regular wakeup

Ok - I’m not too surprised. From the log I looked at last I’d hoped it might not have been triggered, but the issue still remains that I’m unclear how to interpret the GET requests since it doesn’t make sense in the spec. Currently ZWave have replied to me about my request, but it wasn’t a helpful answer so I’m waiting for them to get back to me…

Ok, thanks Chris.

I did an upgrade to the most recent unstable version last night. And I can confirm that I got false triggers this morning as well.

So I finally got the answer from sigma - it is not possible to poll units for their current status using the notification (alarm) command class. We can only know the notification status when a device sends a notification event.

I will therefore remove all polling of notification channels and we should be able to solve this issue.

Ok, thanks very much!

On the downside, this means that we still have the issue with the initial state of the sensor, don’t we? You remember that the states were on ALARM when the device is included? Is this something that comes from the device or that the binding defines?

You suggested that one has to trigger the alarm manually to get the “real” state. But I guess not everyone wants to play with smoke and fire in the house. :wink:

I will look to cache the state in the binding (ie in the XML) so that it’s retained between restarts, and for initial acquisition I think we have to assume that a notification is not triggered in every case. I think there’s no real option since we can read back the state.

Sigma told me that reading the state was not meaningful - I don’t agree with that, but at the end of the day we won’t be changing the zwave standard so we have to live with what’s available :wink:

Is this really necessary? I think that’s what the persistence is for?! For the initial acquisition a binding-related solution would be fine, but I think for the restart scenario one can use persistence services.

There is a database that is just made for something like this. MAPDB will only store the last state of the items that are configured to be persisted.

No, but it’s how the system works, so might as well make use of it. This is done for alarms, configuration, associations etc already…

Yes - I’m very aware of this and other solutions, but as above we already store the device state in the XML already so I might as well use it and avoid questions that I get right now…

1 Like

Hi Chris,

don’t get me wrong, I certainly don’t want to rush you, but do you leave a note here when you made the necessary changes? I don’t want to try every new snapshot version… :wink:

Hi Chris,

I’m suffering on the same issue with the Fibaro Smoke Sensors.
I also get false alarms when the smoke sensor is waking up, and sending his current status.

As I read above, you’ve fixed the issue in a nightly version of the zwave binding 2.x.
I’m currently running openhab 2.0 stable version and I’m roughly new in openhab2.
So I don’t know how to upgrade a single binding.
Could you please advise me what do?
I need to know:

1. Where can I download the fixed version of the binding?
  2. How should I deinstall the current binding (2.0)?
  3. How can I install the fixed version? ( I think I must copy the .jar, but don’t know the path where I should copy it)

One further question:
In which files are the values of the zwave devices stored on openhab2 system?

It would be nice, if you could assist me…

Thanks a lot

Regards.

Helmut

Will do - I’ll try and take a look at this over the weekend - we had a long power outage here last night / today so haven’t done much except recover crashed hard disk tonight! :(.

No - further changes are needed.

If you’re using the snapshot version of OH2, then just uninstall zwave and reinstall again.

Through PaperUI or HABmin.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘values’? Data is typically stored in persistence databases if that’s what you mean?

Hi,

thanks for quick response.
I’m not sure, which version i’am using.:wink:
My openhabian says, I’m running on openhab 2.0.0-1
I think that is no snapshot? (I think it’s the stable version)

Can I update the zwave binding manually?

With values I mean:
Is there any possibility to see, which values are sent by a zwave device?

Hmm - still not really sure what you mean. If you want to see the data being sent by the device, then you should look at the logfile. That’s about the only place this raw data is provided.

yes, that’s what I’m looking for :wink:
Where is log file located? Sorry but I’m really new…

Further questions:
I’m not sure, which version i’am using.:wink:
My openhabian says, I’m running on openhab 2.0.0-1
I think that is no snapshot? (I think it’s the stable version)

Can I update the zwave binding manually?

This is, what PaperUI is currently showing me:

Does a reinstallation really helps?

http://docs.openhab.org/administration/logging.html

You can, but it’s not so easy. You need to uninstall the binding, and add the new binding into the addons folder. You probably also need to manage dependancies - ie the serial driver - which will also need to be added before the binding will start.

OK,

so what is the best solution to get the smoke detectors working?
Should I change from stable version of openhab2 to snapshot?
How does this work?

… or should I wait for next stable version? If so, when will it come?

Personally, I would, but that’s my preference ;).

Probably another couple of months - the plan is nominally around every 3 months.

OK, than I will move to a snapshot release.
I’m currently running openhabian.
How can I move from stable to snapshot release?
I which version of the zwave binding the false alarm issue is fixed?