[zwave]: issues with Qubino Weather Station (ZMNHZD)

Hi Chris

Sorry for not being clearer. The duplication makes sense now. In PaperUI with Item Linking I selected “Simple Mode”, so it did the linking of all channels automatically.

I got a bit confused between all the multiple sensors and had a lot of Humity and Battery sensors, at the end I found out that the below is actually the rain sensor.
zwave:device:7daaa411:node3:sensor_rainrate
Indicates the current relative humidity

Sorry if I still seem a bit dumb, trying to get my head around all of this.

I will do some more investigation, but if I want the wind direction to show up actually as a string like South, North etc, I guess that I would need to create a new channel and then do some calculations on the number that it’s receiving.

thank you.

Hi Ivan,

I want to let you know that there are no more issues with OH2 and this weather station.

Hi Jens

Wow, how did you get that right? Did you configure anything differently? Did it automatically configure like that?

Since I moved directly from OH1 I still use the ‘old fashion’ *.items configuration file to be placed in /etc/openhab2/item folder.

You don’t need to use item files - but I would recommend to disable the (so called) “simple mode” and to configure your own items. This will stop the system linking every channel, and will allow you to set whatever titles you like rather than system defined titles…

That said, I would really urge people not to just solve problems for themselves, but to update the database if something is wrong so that everyone can benefit.

Hi Chris

Obviously I want to help as much as I can for the whole community and especially make it easier for new users like myself to enjoy and experience the benefits of OH.

I have just signed up as a user on your database, but for starters I will need some guiding on what to do to sort this out. I am available as “remote hands” as a user with the product, but I really don’t know what to update or not.

thanks
Ivan

Thanks.

I’ve updated your access so you can edit. If you’ve found a channel is wrong, then the first thing is to update the name - next might be to update the channel type…

In the database you’ll see this -:

This is the first endpoint - there are a lot more for this device. Here we see all the sensors. Scrolling down you’ll see individual sensors on different endpoints…

The first thing is to work out what is wrong - it’s a bit unclear to me as from what I can tell the different channel types look to be set ok. However, there are multiple temperature channels, and multiple velocity channels - maybe one velocity channel is current speed and one is the highest gust or something? Likewise there are many temperature channels - if you can work out which ones are which, and give them more useful names, it would be great. To rename them, just click on the button to the right of the channel - this will bring up the following screen -:

From here you could rename this to (eg) Outside Temperature (or whatever).

Any help is welcome (by me and others I’m sure :slight_smile: ).

Let me know if you have any questions etc…

Cheers
Chris

thanks Chris

Ok, I am going to start from fresh and try this again. Just downloaded Openhabian Burned the Pi image. Waited for all to configure. Added my Aeon Gen5 stick. All online.

Going to HABmin:

So according to Qubino manual: https://doc.eedomus.com/files/Qubino_Weather-Station-PLUS-user-manual_V1.0_eng-2.pdf

The Weather Station can measure 10 different values: two
sets of temperature/humidity sensors, wing gauge with 5
sensors (direction, velocity, wind gust, temperature and
wind chill) and a rain sensor.

So all in all there should be the following:
Physical Unit 1:
Temperature
Humidity
Battery Level

Physical Unit 2:
Temperature
Humidity
Battery Level

Physical Wind Gauge:
Direction
Velocity
Wind gust
Temperature
Wind chill
Battery

Physical Rain Meter:
Rain
Battery

According to manual:
Endpoint 1: Thermo/ Hygro Sensor Ch1 – Temperature (a from Wind Gauge. )
Endpoint 2: Wind Gauge – Direction ( The
data is in range of 0.0° to 360.0° )
Endpoint 3: Wind Gauge – Velocity ( It
is capable of receiving data in range of 0.00 m/s to 88.00
m/s. )
End point 4: Wind Gauge – Wind gust ( e. It
is capable of receiving data in range of 0.00 m/s to 88.00
m/s. )
End point 5: Wind Gauge – Temperature ( It
is capable of receiving data in range of -199.0 °C and
199.0 °C. )
End point 6: Wind Gauge – Wind Chill (e. It
is capable of receiving data in range of -199.0 °C and
199.0 °C. )
End point 7: Rain Sensor (The rain rate
is in range of 0.00 mm/h and 300.00 mm/h.)
End point 8: Thermo/ Hygro Sensor Ch1 – Humidity (The data is in range of 0% and
100%.)
End point 9: Thermo/ Hygro Sensor Ch2 – Temperature (It is capable of receiving data in
range of -199.0 °C and 199.0 °C)
End point 10: Thermo/ Hygro Sensor Ch2 – Humidity (The data is in range of 0% and
100%.)

As per your previous post, some channels will be duplicated. As below, there is 26 channels:

I will try to see how to match them to the database. :slight_smile:

I have the same weather station, all channels show up so that is good, but I cannot get any values from it. I am using razberry2 Z-wave interface. Anyone have the same problem?

I get all the values if I am using RFXcom, but with the Qubino one, I get no values from the sensors.

Yes, I have the same problem. The device is discovered and it reports all the channels, but I can no values from it. I also have a raspberry with the razberry on-board zwave controller.

I will continue to investigate.

Did you all find out how to fix this? I have removed and added the device multiple times. At times it works and then stops updating after some time. All my devices are relatively close to the USB dongle so I doubt that’s an issue. The device does show online.