Zwave lots of dead nodes

I am getting lots of dead or yellow nodes in Habmin. Most nodes are within a few meters (some as close as 2m) to the z-stick. However, red nodes can be acted upon… Any ideas why?

here are a few log lines.

Thanks

I had that for awhile. Rebooting my server cleared the problem up apparently for me so I didn’t look into it more. But I had the same thing, nodes showed as dead or yellow, lots of errors in the logs, but everything worked just fine.

(semi-related)

Does anyone have any serious data on either healtime in openhab.cfg or Habmin’s “heal network” ? I’ve tried both, but frankly have little evidence that anything meaningful happens. (Somewhat more evidence for “healtime”, but not conclusive…at least to my feeble powers…). Would love a “it hurts and you feel stupid” moment on this…

My first post here. Thanks for all of the great support and comments.
My situation summary is OH 1.7.1 running on a v. early Raspi 256MB and Razberry controller. I have only 6 zwave devices at this time with one being a battery powered multi-sensor thing with the motion sensor being uncooperative.
My controller is only 6.5 metres from the nearest powered device but with three lightweight walls (not masonry) between and the second nearest device is only say 7 metres from the controller and again there are 3 walls in between. My thoughts were that these distances and structure were not stretching the zwave network parameters too far.
However if I restart the OH service on the Pi,
2016-01-17 10:15:15.709 [INFO ] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.7.1)
the first error :
2016-01-17 12:03:41.283 [ERROR] [g.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil] - Fatal transport error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
will be up within 2 hours and the first zwave error:
2016-01-17 12:27:19.878 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 2: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!
will be up not long after.
If I leave OH running indefinitely the Pi CPU or MEM bogs down and everything goes dead slow.
I am not running HabMin at all and I note the comments in this post and those in
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openhab/h3beXlo5iKU
My questions are would I be better off with the new 1.8 addons? Would the Habmin “heal” function help as the regular heal at 2 am does not seem to?
Thanks