[SOLVED] [ZWAVE] Lumi switch LM-SxZW showing as Unknown Device

Since tyou just copied in the binding, I think there is another depencency if you are running OH 2.4. That’s why I generally recommend the script. I remember chasing down the missing dependency when I used a snapshot binding on 2.5M1.

Based on quickly looking at the script, you may be missing this dependency needed in the addons folder. You should see errors in the openhab log.

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream/1.4.7_1/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar

If it’s not too much trouble can you explain how I should execute the script?
I followed [5iver] link to the github project of openHAB-utils.
From reading the README.md text, I understand I need to copy the zzManualInstall.sh file into the addons folder and then run this command using terminal to execute the script:
bash zzManualInstall.sh --ACTION zwave --ZWAVE_BRANCH development

Is this right?

I didn’t find an option to download the zzManualInstall.sh file from github, so I copied the file content from github and created a .sh file by that name using Brackets app, and I saved the file into the addons folder.
Then I tried to execute the bash command in terminal within the Addons folder, but I got a message: bash: ./zzManualInstall.sh: No such file or directory

I will need to look at that when I get home. I am currently at work in the eastern US.
Since I am running 2.5M2 I am not sure the script will work.

1 Like

Thanks

I learned how to run the script and I got it’s UI with all the options to choose within Terminal.
First I chose to uninstall the ZWave binding. Then I ran the script again and chose to install the ZWave binding. I tried installing both the snapshot and later the development version, but in both cases, once I restart OpenHAB the ZWave binding is not shown as installed and the version written is still 2.4.0 (see attached photo).

@5iver This is your script. Any ideas?

1 Like

@5iver your assistance will be much appreciated.

When I get to this, I’ll update the topic for the script. The readme has manual steps to DIY the install.

I installed OpenHAB 2.5.0M3 to check if this will solve the problem with the Zwave binding.
Unfortunately, even though I copied the Zwave binding 2.5.0 Snapshot to the addons folder, I’m still getting Unknown Device when I try to add the Lumi switcher.

@chris @Bruce_Osborne

Please post a link to the generated xml file in the zwave userdata folder.
Vendors use different device type and if numbers depending on region for the same model. Perhaps we need to add yours to the database entry if it is missing.

network_dab6e0e0__node_3.xml (18.5 KB)

The database changes are not merged yet, you need to wait a couple of days:

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/tree/master/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/hogar

2 Likes

Ahhh ok, sorry. My bad.
I thought that the snapshot version was already updated with the changes.

I assumed @sihui made changes based on your xml file. Chris only pushes a new binding and database periodically. It is then picked up in the OH snapshot.

Normally I’ll do an update on a Friday and/or a Sunday. I will be out tomorrow so I might do this tonight instead.

2 Likes

Thanks, tonight will be great, if you can manage :slight_smile:

I tried to update the ZWave binding to the snapshot (and also the development) version using the script, but I’m getting an error message that the binding’s installation timed out.
Any ideas why?
@5iver @chris @Bruce_Osborne @sihui

Try the manual installation steps or do everything manually and download the jar here:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/

1 Like

Yay! Success!! Thank you all! :pray::pray:
I managed to make it work by installing the Snapshot version of OpenHAB :)))
OpenHAB was able to distinguish the Switcher as a Lumi switchbox.
Now I need to find a solution as to why OpenHAB doesn’t recognizes my second 4lights switcher when I try to pair them. This switch is also made by Lumi.
I’ll open a new topic for that issue.

1 Like