Zwave: receiving event on nonexisting channel

Old threads, old story. But still, I experience this problem every now and then with the Zwave binding. Some happy day Openhab claims it could not handle an incoming Zwave event anymore, insisting the corresponding channel wouldn’t exist anymore.

I read different threads on this topic, however none of them solved my problem.

My log output:

06:12:27.480 [DEBUG] [e.thing.internal.CommunicationManager] - Received  event 'ON' for non-existing channel 'zwave:device:eea5a760:node2:alarm_motion', not forwarding it to the handler
06:12:27.501 [DEBUG] [e.thing.internal.CommunicationManager] - Received  event 'ON' for non-existing channel 'zwave:device:eea5a760:node2:alarm_motion', not forwarding it to the handler
06:12:27.563 [DEBUG] [e.thing.internal.CommunicationManager] - Received  event '24.5' for non-existing channel 'zwave:device:eea5a760:node2:sensor_temperature', not forwarding it to the handler

The output from karaf:

openhab> smarthome:links list | grep node2
PIR_Vardagsrum -> zwave:device:eea5a760:node2:alarm_motion

Any ideas why this occurs more or less regularly. Sometime it works for some week, then out of thin air it openhab claims this channel’s not existing (even though it does as you can see).

Faulty device?

I’d check JSONDB (and eventually config files) if that channel or any reference (item ?) to it exists.
Then delete and re-create the thing and all references.

Try deleting and rediscovering the thing. That will keep the sane thingid but will update the channels from your current binding.

What version of binding are you using? The developer strongly recommennd 2.5M1 or newer.

I’m running 2.4. However, removing and reconfiguration my Zwave network sounds like a hell of work and no guarantee for the problem not showing up again. Following another thread it seems like it’s something introduced in 2.4 (and the thread starter was talking about another binding).

Deleting and readding the Thing does not mean to exclude/include.
For each node, it is just one button click: delete.
And to add all of them, you need another single button click: add.

1 Like