ZWAVE: sending refresh command doesn't refresh the channel

Hi,
I use two different ZWAVE sensors:

• a Fibaro FGBS222 SmartImplant
  • an Aeotec ZW100 Multisensor 6

I’d like to be able to refresh some channels of these sensors to have a consistent state after a reboot.
On the Fibaro sensor, the command only refreshes the internal temperature and the output switch but not the input alarms. When the refresh command is sent, I get the following debug log:

[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling zwave:device:5fadc798:node3:alarm_burglar1
[DEBUG] [nternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 3: Generating poll message for COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, endpoint 1, alarm BURGLAR, event null
[DEBUG] [l.commandclass.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass] - NODE 3: Creating new message for application command NOTIFICATION_GET V0
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling skipped for zwave:device:5fadc798:node3:alarm_burglar1 on COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling zwave:device:5fadc798:node3:alarm_burglar2
[DEBUG] [nternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 3: Generating poll message for COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, endpoint 2, alarm BURGLAR, event null
[DEBUG] [l.commandclass.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass] - NODE 3: Creating new message for application command NOTIFICATION_GET V0
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling skipped for zwave:device:5fadc798:node3:alarm_burglar2 on COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC

On the Aeotec sensor, the motion alarm is not refresh either, and I get the following debug log:

[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command received zwave:device:5fadc798:node2:alarm_motion → REFRESH [RefreshType]
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling initialised at 86400 seconds - start in 50 milliseconds.
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling…
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling zwave:device:5fadc798:node2:alarm_motion
[DEBUG] [nding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling zwave:device:5fadc798:node2:alarm_tamper

Is this the intended behavior for these sensors ?
If yes, is there any workaround to force an update of every channel ?

Some channels are simply not able to be refreshed - either the device is a battery device and it’s not listening, or notifications in ZWave are not able to be polled. This is the issue you have here - the channel you want to refresh is a notification, and this can’t be polled.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Chris, you just confirmed what I thought.