Zwave snapshot not installing

Hi,

I am trying to configure an Aeotec ZWS039.

My Openhab installation is 2.5.12, running in Ubuntu. I also have the addon bundle, version 2.5.12 installed.

The ZWS039 isn’t appearing in the inbox of the PaperUI or in the logs.

Another topic says I need to install the snapshot of the zwave addon, so I downloaded it and put it in the addons folder.

It’s failing to install though with the following error:

2022-06-23 13:07:59.926 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [287]

Any idea why it can’t resolve the module? Are the v3 snapshots compatible with OH2?

To those that tell me to migrate to OH3, I know I need to migrate, but it’s a big job and I haven’t found time yet.

No, they aren’t. If the ZWS039 isn’t available in 2.5.12, upgrading is the only way to get it.

Actually, it might not be as much effort as you think. You can still use text files for configuration, so you can just set up a new OH3, add bindings, and then copy over your items/rules/sitemaps/etc. You’ll just need to update the items to point at the new thing IDs and update some of the breaking changes in rules.

I’m not saying that it’s easy, just that it may be easier than you think. I’d suggest waiting until 3.3 releases next week.

I feared you might say that!

Ok, I’ll clone my vm and give it a shot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

No problem. So long as you clone and backup, there’s no reason to fear it since you can always fall back to what works.

You can try the in-place upgrade, but I personally think it’s better to just do a fresh install and move over your text files manually. Once it’s working, you can take your time moving items/rules into the UI, or just leave them as they are.

In case you missed seeing this: