ZWave status under OH2

Ok - don’t worry too much about that (although I’m interested in which one you prefer? The side menu will be the one that is retained once the OH2 binding is available.

I’ll take a look for this error… Thanks.

menu on left looks a little more modern… top gives a little more workspace in width … but both would be fine :wink: … whatever gives the chance to get the binding quicker :slightly_smiling:

btw… since I look at this for a while … theres a typo in the german translation

Regelen should be Regeln

The new version, once the ZWave binding is released, will be left menu - this is already done, but it’s in a separate branch.

It’s not really related - the binding is mainly “waiting” for the database to be sorted (ie enough devices entered, and channels updated to be useful). We have quite a few added now so hopefully this week I’ll try and confirm all the channels are added, and I’ll try and roll it out for wider testing :smile:

Hello Guys. When trying with the new build i get:

`2016-01-24 18:29:12.143 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle:                file:/D:/openHab/OH2/openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave.jar 
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [139]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
2016-01-24 18:29:12.143 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle:         file:/D:/openHab/OH2/openhab-offline-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/addons/org.openhab.ui.habmin.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.ui.habmin [138]
   Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config
    -> Export-Package: org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config; bundle-symbolic-     name="org.openhab.binding.zwave"; bundle-version="1.8.0.201508211938"; version="0.0.0"
       org.openhab.binding.zwave [139]
          Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]`

I’ve started from scratch with OH2 and the new habmin.jar, still using the z-wave.jar from the OH1…
Haven’t done anything else - just copied files and started…

I din’t have a Z-Wave dongle installed.

You need to add the io.transport.serial package.

For OH 1 or OH 2?

You must install zwave from paper ui.
If you install manually to addons you get that error.

Use zwave 190 from paper ui … And habmin2 will run.

Thanks - now it Works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I just installed the latest openhab2 snapshot (online version), as well as the Habmin jar dated January 23. I installed the zwave binding from inside paperUI. It looks like OH2 picked up the controller nicely. In the log file I see lots of messages relating to the various nodes I have in the system. However, habmin seems to be unable to connect to the device when I open it. I get a message in the top right corner indicating that it is unable to reach the device. Any ideas?

Read post 108 & 109

I see, looks like something similar to what happens to me. Thanks.

Anything for testing yet?
I’m running through dockers, so it’s pretty easy for me to switch around without ruining my working install.

Let me know if I can be of any use.

Any news? :slight_smile:

It’s getting closer, but I’m still ironing out a few bugs with @xsnrg (thanks Jim :smile:). Once this is done I’ll be interested in a few more testers. Should be this week…

The main issue we’re having at the moment are startup issues - I’m running on a slow(ish) machine (low end Intel based Synology) where it’s working fine, but there are some timing issues that means it’s not working so well on a faster machine…

1 Like

Cool, just let us know when you’re ready for testers.

Will do - the important thing will be to get your devices into the database - ie upload the XML. This generates most of the configuration we need and this will be required before testing…

I’d like to increase testers the number of testers if there are some willing volunteers… There’s still some development ongoing so it definitely comes with a ‘use at own risk’ sticker on the front, along with a ‘things will change still’ sticker (since there’s some enhancements ongoing in ESH that I plan to use and this isn’t quite working yet - but hopefully it will be in the next few days)… Anyway, you have been warned :sunglasses:.

If a couple of people want to play, I’ll take the first few people to reply here who have all/most/some of their devices in the approved state in the online database (which first requires that all warnings at the top of the device page are gone).

If things look good in a couple of days we can look for a wider audience :wink:

Chris

Please, add me to the testers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

All mine are in the database, add me in :wink:

I have my existing Vera (production) in parallel with openHab (test/QA) with only a few test devices but interested to test.