ZWave status under OH2

mhh not sure … I think somehow that the manual added jar in addons is not working in the beta as before…

will have a look at the logs later and update here…

I think this might be right - but I’m not sure this changed recently. I’ve not played with the latest OH2 very much since it was released with Karaf, and I’ve only used the offline version, but it seemed to me that adding files to the addons folder resulted in duplication (at least both the original and the new were both loaded in the console).

I think for now you need to grab the complete distro for anything that is included (eg the ZWave binding) and only add JARs that aren’t included in the distro (eg HABmin) into the addons… I might well be wrong, but that was my experience last weekend…

Please do - I’ll be interested to see what you find.

OK
PAPER UI remove ZWAVE and ADD zwave to ADDONS manually results in:

Error while starting bundle: file:/…/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [176]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]

the error habmin2 does not work is just the dependency error that zwave does not work when adding manually

^^ don’t know what that requirment is and why this is only an issue when adding manually to addons

This error means that the io.transport.serial bundle isn’t resolved - normally the framework should find this for you, but maybe (probably) if you install manually it might not, and you might need to manually add this bundle as well?

1 Like

ah ok

another thread with it:

@chris

Just tried with snapshot from last night … unfortunately:

07:52:43.763 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
07:52:43.765 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method addConfigurationService found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource, subclass of org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
07:52:43.770 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found; Component will fail
07:52:43.773 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found
07:52:43.776 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found

Does the zwave binding work though? Or is that still not starting as well?

I’ll take another look at this later today.

bundle:list shows zwave as active…

just don’t see it in habmin2

You won’t see it in HABmin2 - HABmin 2 only shows OH2 bundles at the moment since it’s not been modified to work with Karaf yet.

sorry … I meant I dont see the ZWave available under Configuration like on OH2 Alpha

pre karaf:

current:

Given that HABmin isn’t running (seemingly - but maybe I’m wrong) I’m surprised that you get HABmin loading at all…

So, it seems that HABmin must be running, but the error about not being able to bind the configuration is stopping the menu option being display… Thanks - that’s quite useful (and changes my view on what might be wrong).

Fully correct your summary.

Binding active
Habmin2 active and loads

Just under Configuration: Zwave is not available within Habmin

And the log shows the error from #97

All tested with most current versions from OH2 Snapshot (Build101 from online distro) and Habmin2.jar (most current Zwave binding pulled from within paper UI)

@chris
FYI: I logged issue: paperUI does not render option values for integer #910
As the config files correctly have the option values in the definition, but the paperUI does not render them.

Hi Marcel,
Yep - I saw that :smile:. I don’t tend to use paper UI for configuration (I do use it for other stuff) - HABmin supports configuration better I think - there was an issue with paper UI where it was using an old config method - Im not sure if this was fixed… I need to release an updated HABmin since the current master branch won’t work at the moment with the OH2 binding…

And thanks for the uploads on the database tonight :smile:

Cheers
Chris

@shorty707 please try the latest HABmin2 JAR and let me know if it works now (he says hopefully).

so this is the result:

• the layout is like pre karaf again now … with a menu on the top instead of on the left side

• the Zwave entry is listed under Configuration again

• unfortunately it does not show the Controller / Node

Controller in log:

09:56:50.506 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 1: Node found
09:56:50.513 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller using Controller API
09:56:50.528 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller is Primary Controller
09:56:50.532 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ------------Number of Nodes Found Registered to ZWave Controller------------
09:56:50.536 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - # Nodes = 1
09:56:50.539 [INFO ] [age.SerialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HABmin error in log (seconds BEFORE stick was found in log):

09:56:47.600 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(181)] doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
09:56:47.606 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(181)] findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method addConfigurationService found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource, subclass of org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
09:56:47.618 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(181)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found; Component will fail
09:56:47.625 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(181)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found

Ok - don’t worry too much about that (although I’m interested in which one you prefer? The side menu will be the one that is retained once the OH2 binding is available.

I’ll take a look for this error… Thanks.

menu on left looks a little more modern… top gives a little more workspace in width … but both would be fine :wink: … whatever gives the chance to get the binding quicker :slightly_smiling:

btw… since I look at this for a while … theres a typo in the german translation

Regelen should be Regeln