ZWave status under OH2

Hi Chris thanks for helping. I downloaded a fresh copy of the online version today. Also a fresh habmin from the second build of today. Copied over my zwave.conf and addin.conf which contains the standard setting and zwave listed in the binding. Hope that information helps. Thanks again

Iā€™m still using OH1.8, been waiting for the zwave2 binding before moving over.
But seeing as the 1.9SNAPSHOT is working with OH2, what are going to be the changes/benefits of the ZWAVE2 binding compared to the current 1.9 version?

@chris I just pulled fresh copy of oh2 and habmin2ā€¦ used whatever zwave binding jar the online pulls and I get that exact same error in my logs. Is there anything else I can do to help? I saw another user observing the same problem as well.

I can run down my exact setup if needed?

-Bri

The main benefit, other than it being a native OH2 binding which means better integration and configuration, is that there will be no need to define items - this will all be done automatically.

I have same like @bri
There is still a issues with latest snapshots -> zwave does not work @chris

let me know if you need anything

Iā€™ll make another change to the binding tonight so try tomorrows snapshot. I didnā€™t convert over all services (since it didnā€™t seem necessary) - I suspect this will solve the problem, but let me know tomorrowā€¦

1 Like
  • Install in paper ui from repo -> no effect

• Install manually in addons folder (snapshot from last night) -> habmin2 wont run anymore

Greetings

Strange that anything changed as I forgot the merge the change (sorry)! Iā€™ll do it now, but maybe thereā€™s something else going on if things in your setup have changed?

Chris

I have no changes as you expected, but maybe I am pulling from the wrong place?

for habmin2, click on the raw - https://github.com/cdjackson/HABmin2/tree/master/output
for openhab2-online, https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/

thanks again,
Bri

The OH2 binding wasnā€™t changed, so no point pulling anything today - grab it tomorrow and see if itā€™s better - the change is merged nowā€¦

mhh not sure ā€¦ I think somehow that the manual added jar in addons is not working in the beta as beforeā€¦

will have a look at the logs later and update hereā€¦

I think this might be right - but Iā€™m not sure this changed recently. Iā€™ve not played with the latest OH2 very much since it was released with Karaf, and Iā€™ve only used the offline version, but it seemed to me that adding files to the addons folder resulted in duplication (at least both the original and the new were both loaded in the console).

I think for now you need to grab the complete distro for anything that is included (eg the ZWave binding) and only add JARs that arenā€™t included in the distro (eg HABmin) into the addonsā€¦ I might well be wrong, but that was my experience last weekendā€¦

Please do - Iā€™ll be interested to see what you find.

OK
PAPER UI remove ZWAVE and ADD zwave to ADDONS manually results in:

Error while starting bundle: file:/ā€¦/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [176]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:393)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)[8:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.0]

the error habmin2 does not work is just the dependency error that zwave does not work when adding manually

^^ donā€™t know what that requirment is and why this is only an issue when adding manually to addons

This error means that the io.transport.serial bundle isnā€™t resolved - normally the framework should find this for you, but maybe (probably) if you install manually it might not, and you might need to manually add this bundle as well?

1 Like

ah ok

another thread with it:

@chris

Just tried with snapshot from last night ā€¦ unfortunately:

07:52:43.763 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] doFindMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
07:52:43.765 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] findMethod: Suitable but non-accessible method addConfigurationService found in class org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource, subclass of org.openhab.ui.habmin.internal.services.zwave.ZWaveConfigResource
07:52:43.770 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found; Component will fail
07:52:43.773 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found
07:52:43.776 [ERROR] [org.openhab.ui.habmin               ] - [org.openhab.binding.zwave.configuration(221)] bind method [addConfigurationService] not found

Does the zwave binding work though? Or is that still not starting as well?

Iā€™ll take another look at this later today.

bundle:list shows zwave as activeā€¦

just donā€™t see it in habmin2

You wonā€™t see it in HABmin2 - HABmin 2 only shows OH2 bundles at the moment since itā€™s not been modified to work with Karaf yet.