[SOLVED] ZWave things file leads to HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Hello Everybody,

I am using openHAB version 2.4.0 with zwave binding.

I got my devices pre-paired with the zwave serial stick by using discovery on paper UI. If I configure everything via PaperUI everything works as expected.

I now want to describe that state using a .things file instead. Therefore I’ve setup the following configuration:

Bridge zwave:serial_zstick:controller "ZWave Controller" [ port="/dev/ttyACM0", controller_softreset="false", controller_master="true", heal_enable="true", security_networkkey="xxxxxxxxx" ] {
    Thing fibaro_fgms001_03_002 motionfl "Motion" (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Corridor"  [ zwave_nodeid="2"]

}

I just took over the security_networkkey that was displayed on the discovered device. Same for Node ID of the thing.

Unfortunately only the Bridge is in Online State. All the things remain in UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING.

Thanks & Best Regards
Michael

Have you seen this post:
https://community.openhab.org/t/zwave-manual-thing-configuration/26542

But it is not possible to change parameters in the device if you are using textual configurations:
https://community.openhab.org/t/textual-z-wave-configs-in-openhab2/26816/15

My working things config looked like this:

Bridge zwave:serial_zstick:controller "N01 Z-WaveController raZberry" @ "Z-Wave" [ port="/dev/ttyS0", controller_softreset="false", controller_master="true", heal_enable="true", security_networkkey="" ]
{
    Thing zwave:sensative_1101011_00_000:controller:node2   "N02SensativeStrips"                     (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=2 ]

Thing zwave:fibaro_fgrgbw_00_000:controller:node3       "N03FibaroRGBWController"                 (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=3 ]

//    Thing zwave:fibaro_fgk101_03_002:controller:node4       "N04FibaroDoorSensorFGK101"               (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=4 ]

Thing zwave:aeon_zw100_01_007:controller:node5          "N05AeotecMultiSensor6"                   (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=5 ]

Thing zwave:aeon_zw100_01_007:controller:node6          "N06AeotecMultiSensor6"                   (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=6 ]
}
1 Like

No I did not see that before. Thanks for pointing this out. Replacing zwave_nodeid property with node_id did the trick for me. :sunglasses: