Zwave timeout

@chris Thank you for investigating! I face the same problem - even more the plug is not showing configuration parameters. Is it enough to exclude and include the device again so it get’s your updated database information or do I need to install an updated ZWave binding again?

Bernd

I’m not really sure - if it’s really “the same problem” then it will be fixed when this device is updated in the database. I suspect it might be a different issue or is this the same device?

Same device. I got timeouts on the Release Level of OH2. I did a complete new installation to Snapshot OH 2.1 #785 a while ago, the Fibaro plug 102 works but recognized that it does not show the “configuration section” within habmin anymore.

Maybe it is a different issue. Do you think it is enough to exclude and include again or is a new binding installation necessary to make use of the updated database contents?

Then if it’s the same device and the same problem, it should hopefully be fixed with the same fix ;).

Yes - a binding update is currently needed to use the new database. Currently I’ve not compiled a new database with this change so it won’t help to do it today - hopefully tomorrow should be ok.

Just my 2 cents: in this topic we are now talking about 2 devices.
Initially the topic was created concerning the Fibaro plug.

I jumped into this topic since the error message was exactly the same with my device (GR-105 Water Shutoff Valve).
Since this issue seemed generic I joined this topic but kinda hijacked this concerning my device.

So I don’t know @chris if you fixed something for the GR-105 and/or the Fibaro plug.

I fixed the GR-105.

In general, there are many reasons for timeouts - many of them are more related to the network than the binding so it can get confusing when people talk about “the same problem” ;).

Thanks for clarifying.

@bernd_d what device are you talking about?

I must say that for Fibaro wallplugg I still get lots of tiemouts ang error like getconfiguration when system starts. Alot of errors occurs and slows down system.

@chris I was referring to the Fibaro FGWP102 with timeouts.

Ok - then we probably need a log of that too… I would wait till tomorrow at least though as there is an error in the database that might help timeouts on this device.

Hi @chris,

I can confirm that the error messages are gone after your modification to the database.
Thanks a lot for your support!

Greetings,
Frederic

1 Like

Hi is database updated by itself or do i need to reinstall binding? I’m running Online version.

@chris I just updated to the latest snapshot (#820) and I already can confirm that the Fibaro FGWP102 has its configuration settings back! Thanks! :+1:

@mackemot As far as I know the binding needs a reinstall to leverage the updated database information.

Bernd

1 Like

I also updatet to latest snapshot but didn’t need to reinstall just upgrade and the binding works much smoother at startup. No timeouts from any of my 7 Fibaro nodes.