Zwave - Unable to resolve thing type

I have a Kwikset Convert Zwave lock. I am able to discover and add the device to openhab, but it never identifies the device properly. I’m running openhab 2.5 build 1549. I see this error in the logs:

[WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 10: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 0090:0003:0446::4.45

Looking in the device database, I see the item there, and I see the manufacturer id, and references. They all seem to match.

Can any kind soul shed some light on this? Thanks!

When it comes to locks it has to be a secure inclusion, how did you perform the inclusion step?

I started the Zwave inclusion in PaperUI, then pressed the button on the lock. The lock was close to the zwave stick I use.

Looking in PaperUI at the device attributes, I see that “zwave_secure” is true. Does that mean it was included securely?

I believe it has to be done via Habmin vs PaperUI. It may also help to change the logging level of zwave and leverage the log viewer at Chris’s site and one of the more experienced zwave guys may have a better idea on a resolution.

1 Like

Yes, it does seem to match what’s in the database here.

Unfortunately, no. It looks like it should work.

Yes.

Note: As a general rule, it’s best to use HABmin to manage your zwave devices, although I’m not saying that that’s the issue you’re experiencing here.

It might be best to exclude the device, then include it again with debugging enabled. Then post the debug log and we can try to better identify what’s happening.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will give it another try with debug on and see what we get.

Any update on this? I have the same issue. Resetting the z-wave dongle and including it using Habmin is having the same issue.

unless this is the EXACT same issue:

in other words:

you have a kwikset lock
it gets discovered
OH never identifies the device
you are running openhab 2.5 build 1549

then
it would be better to start a new thread

either way, please include your OS/platform, OpenHAB version, zwave version
set your logs to debug as described in the ‘when things don’t go as planned’ section of the binding documentation found here

and retry the inclusion with the log running

1 Like