Zwave unknown nodes?

Normally powering it off will resolve such issues.

Besides the power off/on (which I have also used) I have sometimes used the 'Reinitialize the device" at the bottom of the thing page. Just used it today to successfully clear a stuck value on a zwave plug. The last step is a “dynamic values” get that I think clears a stuck value.

Bob

This does not perform a reset - it will just re-read the data from the device (ie the so called “interview”) so that the binding knows what features the device has. It performs very little initialising of the device - more initialisation of the binding. If the device is sending invalid data, the only real way to resolve this is to reset it, and normally this will require a power off/on.

Did you ever find a solution?
I have the same problem (-32768) with the same device, aeotec multisensor 6. It’s the third in the system and the only one with the problem. It’s usb powered and I tried restarting it, restarting the pi, reinitialize, heal etc. . All the others and the other aeotec trisensors work fine.

I’m on 3.1.0, should I maybe update?

I wouldn’t exclude a HW/firmware defect, contact Aeotec support.

Source: https://www.ubuy.vn/en/catalog/product/view/id/1359057/s/aeotec-multisensor-6-z-wave-plus-6-in1-motion-temperature-humidity-light-uv-vibration-sensor

Yes, I suspect a hardware defect as well. It’s weird that it worked before.

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try to contact support.

I switched it with one from the basement where I use it to measure the humidity for an underground space where I keep a few bottles of wine. Nothing special, I was curious about the variation in humidity between winter and summer so I don’t need the light sensor at all in the basement. It works and switching the items from one to the other was surprisingly fast and easy with the new oh3 interface.

Hi there.

Just want to reopen this thread as I’m not sure what happens now.

I have added a new Z-wave device. It got Node ID 49 and was actually seen in OpenHAB Things list. I added few switch items to channels to test it and the device was operating normally.

After that I’ve got Z-wave Controller (Aeon Z-Stick) in Exclusion mode and removed the other nod, cause I didn’t need it anymore.

Since this action I started to get this error every time when I change the state of associated switch in OH:

[nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 49: Not initialized (ie node unknown), ignoring message.

And device is obviously stopped working.

However I didn’t touch this new device! Why it was removed (from where?) and what can I do to return it back?

Sorry, I no longer use openHAB. I have moved on to a different automation platform.
@chris may be able to assist.

Rarely, when trying to exclude another node, a recently included (or the same device in another location) gets excluded. However, this will always show on the UI-things page as Offline (excluded from controller). Do you see anything there (either on the node you wanted to exclude or on Node 49)?

If yes, factory reset 49 and include again (it will be a new number)

edit: also avoid posting on old threads. You might not get the proper attention