ZXT-120 Config

Hi,

I have an heat air pump from LG (P12MN) and are trying to use the ZXT-120 for controlling the pump. My installation is Openhab/habmin on Raspberry with Razpberry z-wave card. Anyone that got an code exampel they would share?

:smiley:

//Michael

It was probably a bad explanation. What Iā€™m looking for is the ā€œItemsā€ config for the heat pump an example. I have tried different approaches, but the only thing i manage is to turn it off :wink:

I get the room temp and battery reading, but thatā€™s it so far.

Anyone?

If you post the XML file for the device Iā€™ll take a lookā€¦

Hi Chris

I have just started into home automation and are trying and failing :slight_smile: I have no XML file for that device. What I have done and tried is in the same command type as this

Number Temperature_Livingroom ā€œTemperature [%.1f C]ā€ { zwave=ā€œ8:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1ā€ }
Number IR_Sensor ā€œBatteri IR sensor [%d %%]ā€ { zwave=ā€œ8:command=batteryā€ }

Those are working against ZXT-120. If i use the following I can turn off the heat pump:
Switch Heat_pump ā€œHeat livingroomā€ { zwave=ā€œ8ā€ }

And there it stops. tried with different Bindings parameters like ā€œTHERMOSTAT_MODEā€, so far no luck

So I need an XML to transform the codes for the heat pump?

Do you have a file /etc/zwave/node8.xml? You should have if itā€™s working (which it seems to be)? This file is created automatically by the binding when it downloads the configuration from the deviceā€¦

found the node8.xml posting it here :smile:

node8.xml (7.8 KB)

Something along the following lines is worth a tryā€¦

Number HVAC_HeatSetPoint        "Heat Setpoint [%.1f F]"                       <thermostat>    { zwave="8:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=1" }
Number HVAC_CoolSetPoint        "Cool Setpoint [%.1f F]"                       <thermostat>    { zwave="8:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=2,setpoint_scale=1" }
Number HVAC_Temperature         "Thermostat temperature [%.1f Ā°F]"             <temperature>   { zwave="8:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=60" }
Number HVAC_Mode                "Mode [MAP(thermostatMode.map):%s]"            <climate>       { zwave="8:command=thermostat_mode" }
Number HVAC_Fan_Mode            "Fan Mode [MAP(thermostatFanMode.map):%s]"                     { zwave="8:command=thermostat_fan_mode" }
Number HVAC_Battery             "Thermostat battery [%d %%]"                   <battery>       { zwave="8:command=BATTERY" }

Thanks allot Chris! Iā€™ll give it a try when I get home from work :smile:
Iā€™ll keep you posted

Hi Chris :smiley:

It works like a charm! Thanks allot for helping me out and not at least giving me more insight on how this works!

Can you share your MAP files and the relevant content of sitemap file?
How do you contron the Mode and FanMode? What each numeric value mean?

Thanks in advance for sharing

Are you able to post your items file to see how you have used it?

Cheers

Andrew

I figured it out by google + trial and error :
Items:
Number HVAC_HeatSetPoint "Heating [%.1f Ā°C]" <thermostat> { zwave="88:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0" } Number HVAC_CoolSetPoint "Cooling [%.1f Ā°C]" <thermostat> { zwave="88:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=2,setpoint_scale=0" } Number HVAC_Temperature "Temperature [%.1f Ā°C]" <temperature> { zwave="88:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=60" } Number HVAC_Mode "Mode [%s]" { zwave="88:command=thermostat_mode" } Number HVAC_Fan_Mode "Fan mode [%s]"{zwave="88:command=thermostat_fan_mode" }

Sitemap:
Setpoint item=HVAC_HeatSetPoint step=1 minValue=18 maxValue=30 Setpoint item=HVAC_CoolSetPoint step=1 minValue=18 maxValue=30 Text item=HVAC_Temperature Selection item=HVAC_Mode mappings=[0="Off",1="Heating",2="Cooling", 3="Auto", 5="Resume", 6="Venting", 8="Dehumid"] Selection item=HVAC_Fan_Mode mappings=[0="Auto Low",1="Low", 2="Auto high", 3="High", 4="Auto medium", 5="Medium"]

1 Like

Thanks for that. It works a treat! Found the code for the AC and away it went. Cheers!

Thanks for posting this, you got me started with the ZXT120.
Iā€™d just add another possible item:

Number HVAC_Battery "Battery [%d]" <battery> {zwave="3:command=battery" }

Have someone got this to work with Google Home from OpenHab?

/Mike