2.4 to 2.5 for non openhabian

All, is there an upgrade script to take 2.4 to 2.5? I cant seem to find anything for APT based users on how to upgrade easily.

Any pointers? Thanks!

openHABian just uses the Debian Linux packaging system.

There never was an update script but there were many significant breaking changes from 2.4.x to .2.5.x documented in the 2.5.0 Release Notes. The repository locations recently changed with the sunset of bintray.

OH 3 requires Java 11 instead of Java 8. Java 8 ended LTS updates in December 2020.

There are more major changes going to 3.0.x and 3.1.0 will be released in a few months. It is currently at Milestone 5, I believe.

openHAB 3.1 stable release is expected for end of this month. We will shortly see RC versions published…

1 Like

The deb package contains a script postinst. This detects the current installation and takes care of the upgrade. During the upgrade you then will be informed about incompatibilites between the version to take care of.
You can download the deb package and extract the postinst script to have a look into it.

1 Like

thanks all, i changed to the new respositories and got it all working on 2.5.12.

No desire for 3.x

1 Like

Realize there will be no further updates to 2.5 and less assistance available here the longer you stay on such an old version. The underlying required Java is also unsupported.

Expect security and other bugs to be exposed, especially on Java 8 at time progresses,

1 Like

Sure and realise I dont want to be on something cutting edge with its associated bugs.

What associated bugs ate you talking about ???
My productive system is running on oh3.1M and was running 3.0 since Christmas.
Was facing no issues…