2.5.1 build uses paths for jars (dl.bintray...) which do NOT contain all required jars

Steps:

1. install openhab2.5.1 on openhabian from bintray repo (BTW this was an upgrade from working 2.4)
  2. do NOT install openhab2-addons (it’s not required anyway)

upon start of openhab you will be missing a lot of jars and openhab will not work, due to (dont’ know which is correct):

1. either missing jars on dl.bintray (openhab2 conf point to it)
  2. messed up paths on dl.bintray (you can easily see it)
  3. messed up .cfg files in openhab

This error was not catched as builders/developers have those jars cached probably?

Example Errors in openhab.log:
2020-01-12 21:15:38.797 [ERROR] [hab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-
binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-harmonyhub, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-binding-samsungac1, openhab-tra
nsformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-json
path, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-binding-satel, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1, openhab-binding-knx’: Error:
Error downloading mvn:com.sun.xml.bind/jaxb-core/2.2.11
Error downloading mvn:javax.xml.bind/jaxb-api/2.2.12
Error downloading mvn:javax.activation/activation/1.1.1
Error downloading mvn:javax.activation/activation/1.1.1
Error downloading mvn:com.sun.xml.bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.11
Error downloading mvn:commons-codec/commons-codec/1.10

I resolved it manually correcting cfg files (this was not enough) and downloading commons-collections 3.2.2 jar and puting it in proper filepath (with sha1).

Cześć @rdslw,
I am not sure of exact issue but my rough guess is that distribution which you have downloaded attempts to download things from wrong repo or something.

However, before we get into troubleshooting - the first 2.5.0 distro release had some troubles and been fixed. Check if you have 2.5.1-2 package available: openHAB 2.5.x Patch Releases

Please be aware that there are some configuration changes between 2.4 and 2.5. The restdocs been moved from misc to ui category. If you reuse it, then you will experience jo-jo effect with things being installed and uninstalled.

Cheers,
Łukasz

1 Like

It looks like this has been fixed.

Confirmed. It works (more less :wink: ok(*) now)
Thank you!

*) p.s. ocassional “2020-01-13 18:28:23.409 [ERROR] [sh.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder] - An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.
org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.MappableException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException” followed by 100+ lines of output from which you can’t guess what caused it except that it was http related. But which bundle? plugin? nah :wink: