openHAB 2.5.x Patch Releases

Thanks for the report, I have a suspicion what might be wrong there - I’ll remove the download for a moment, please stay tuned!

Thanks!
Downgrading to 2.5.0 obviously solves the problem…

Link seem broken, Kai.

Due to: “I’ll remove the download for a moment, please stay tuned!”

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for your patience. Fix is uploaded, in the linux packages you will find a new version 2.5.1-2 being available.

4 Likes

Hi, tried to update to version 2.5.1 with openhabian-config tool.
Unfourtnately the version isn’t found by openhabian-config.
If I use function “03 | openHAB Stable Install or upgrade to the latest stable release of openHAB 2”
only Version 2.5.0 is found.

How can I update to 2.5.1 with openhabian-config?

Thanks a lot

I have the same issue, via openhabian it doesn’t detect a new version

Correct. I found the patch release under the testing branch (where the milestone builds are released).

Thanks, but is this correct? I don’t want to change to testing branch

Hi @Kai,

When upgrading from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1-2 I get a different URI for online-repo:

openhabian@openhab:~$ cat /var/lib/openhab2/etc/version.properties 
openHAB Distribution Version Information
----------------------------------------
build-no        : Release Build
online-repo     : https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release

Repository        Version
----------------------------------------
openhab-distro  : 2.5.1
openhab-core    : 2.5.0
openhab1-addons : 1.14.0
openhab2-addons : 2.5.1
karaf           : 4.2.7

Yes, @shutterfreak, that’s the correct url, I have updated my post above!

2 Likes

No, I would expect it in the release repo as well. Looking at https://ci.openhab.org/view/Release%20Jobs/job/openhab-linuxpkg-release/18/console, it seems it was published to JFrog, but not to Bintray. @Benjy, can you help?

@Kai
… and is it correct to install the patch with
“41 openHAB testing Install or switch to the latest openHAB testing build”
or have I to wait for a new version of openhabian-config tool?

I can see the Debian packages for 2.5.1 on bintray, but after an apt update, the new version doesn’t show up. It looks like the apt repository is still missing some indexing data for 2.5.1.

curl -L "https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/Packages" | grep " 2.5"

will only show the 2.5.0 versions, not 2.5.1.

I was able to manually download and install the 2.5.1 Debian packages, but I suppose most people would prefer the regular apt upgrade workflow. I didn’t check, but probably openhabian is also affected by this.

FYI

This is what I’m seeing this morning

root@ODroid:~# apt-get install openhab2=2.5.1-2
ading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
 Version '2.5.1-2' for 'openhab2' was not found
root@ODroid:~# apt-cache madison openhab2
openhab2 |    2.5.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages
openhab2 |    2.4.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages
openhab2 |    2.3.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages
openhab2 |    2.2.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages
openhab2 |    2.1.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages
openhab2 |    2.0.0-1 | https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable/main armhf Packages

I have tried to update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.1-2 on RPi4 on Fedora31 and I’m observing the following error during update:

error: unpacking of archive failed on file /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/README: cpio: chown
    error: openhab2-0:2.5.1-2.noarch: install failed

A full log (please ignore the everything related to mosquitto - it has no impact on openhab2 installation):
$ sudo dnf update
[sudo] password for dw:
Last metadata expiration check: 1:13:29 ago on Mon 13 Jan 2020 09:46:01 CET.
Dependencies resolved.

Problem: package mosquitto-1.6.8-1.fc30.armv7hl requires libwebsockets.so.14, but none of the providers can be installed
  - cannot install both libwebsockets-3.2.1-1.fc30.armv7hl and libwebsockets-3.1.0-2.fc30.armv7hl
  - cannot install both libwebsockets-3.1.0-2.fc30.armv7hl and libwebsockets-3.2.1-1.fc30.armv7hl
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package mosquitto-1.6.8-1.fc30.armv7hl
  - cannot install the best update candidate for package libwebsockets-3.1.0-2.fc30.armv7hl
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                                     Architecture                                        Version                                                     Repository                                                  Size
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Upgrading:
 openhab2                                                    noarch                                              2.5.1-2                                                     openHAB-Stable                                              79 M
 openhab2-addons                                             noarch                                              2.5.1-2                                                     openHAB-Stable                                             181 M
Skipping packages with conflicts:
(add '--best --allowerasing' to command line to force their upgrade):
 libwebsockets                                               armv7hl                                             3.2.1-1.fc30                                                updates                                                    197 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  2 Packages
Skip     1 Package

Total download size: 261 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
(1/2): openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch.rpm                                                                                                                                                                            3.8 MB/s |  79 MB     00:21    
(2/2): openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch.rpm                                                                                                                                                                     5.8 MB/s | 181 MB     00:31    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                                                                                                                                                                         8.3 MB/s | 261 MB     00:31     
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              1/1 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       1/1 
  Preparing        :                                                                                                                                                                                                                      1/1 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              1/1 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              1/4 
  Upgrading        : openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              1/4 
Error unpacking rpm package openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       2/4 
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/README: cpio: chown
error: openhab2-0:2.5.1-2.noarch: install failed

Upgrading        : openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       2/4 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       2/4 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       3/4 
  Cleanup          : openhab2-addons-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       3/4 
warning: file /usr/share/openhab2/addons/openhab-addons-2.5.0.kar: remove failed: No such file or directory

Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       3/4 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              4/4 
  Cleanup          : openhab2-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              4/4 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              4/4 
  Running scriptlet: openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       4/4 
  Verifying        : openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              1/4 
  Verifying        : openhab2-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                              2/4 
  Verifying        : openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       3/4 
  Verifying        : openhab2-addons-2.5.0-1.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                       4/4 

Upgraded:
  openhab2-addons-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Skipped:
  libwebsockets-3.2.1-1.fc30.armv7hl                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Failed:
  openhab2-2.5.1-2.noarch                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Error: Transaction failed

Interestingly, the same error happened earlier, when I tried to update from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 using dnf, (I had to update it manually using rpm).

Same for me.

Then, I reported it directly to github as https://github.com/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg/issues/154

It seems the linux repo metadata was somehow screwed up - I have rebuilt it and now it seems to be there:

➜  curl -L "https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/Packages" | grep " 2.5"
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 11876  100 11876    0     0  81342      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 81342
Version: 2.5.0-1
Version: 2.5.1-1
1 Like