2019-01-03 14:40:45.440 [ERROR] [nal.core.TelldusCoreDeviceController] - Failed to send msg:ON to TellstickDevice [deviceId=21, name=Julbelysning burspråk, status=2, deviceType=DEVICE, data=null]

I have spent two days now trying to understand how this user friendly software works. Can anybody tell me what this Error message means and how to cure it?

You’ll realize you have to help others a little bit. On the face of it, the message is something about Tellstick and failure to send an ON message. There might be useful information in your setup - what Things and Items have you set up? What was happening when the error occurred? Are there other Tellstick devices that work for you?

EDIT - it would be helpful to know what OH version you are using, a quick forum search suggests some recent Tellstick binding versions are broken.

Thank you for taking your time.

Yes I have downloaded openhabianpi-raspbian-201804031720-gitdba76f6-crc9e93c3eb.img and burned into a SD-card. Then I have loaded on the telldus files via the openhabian-config menu in RPi. I started with the Demo setup. After adding the binding the thermometers works fine. Manually copying and pasting one Nexa unit into the tellstick.conf file that has been working on Switchking & Nexahome. If you have the patience I will answer any other question that will help solving the problem.

Based on the info @rossko57 posted in the EDIT maybe you can take a look at some of the other versions of Tellstick found in this link.

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.tellstick/

If you would please post your tellstick.conf and all items/things files you have created. If your using something like VSCode then doing this is as easy as copy and paste. Just remember to use code fences (its the paper looking icon beside the smile face) so it’s easier to read.

Also check the version of OH by looking at the bottom of the page when accessing the webUI. I think that’s the correct name,:roll_eyes: if not, then it’s the page you open when choosing PaperUI.

I have edited 2 files:

1. tellstick.conf
    ==========

and I have added following to smb.conf:

[etc]
path=/etc
writable=yes
public=no
create mask=0664
directory mask=0775
veto files = /Thumbs.db/.DS_Store/..DS_Store/.apdisk/./
delete veto files = yes
which is more or less a copy of:
[openHAB-conf]
comment=openHAB2 site configuration
path=/etc/openhab2
writeable=yes
public=no
create mask=0664
directory mask=0775
veto files = /Thumbs.db/.DS_Store/..DS_Store/.apdisk/.
/
delete veto files = yes. all other has been setup/installed via paper UI

I am running the tellstick binding 2.4.0!

This is what it looks like.
Capture1|690x338

as you can see does it looks qouite normal, but the on - off on the switch won’t work.

and OH 2.4.0