3.4.0 -> 4.1.0 Amazon Echo Control does not work with two accounts anymore

Hi all,

I just migrated my OpenHAB 3.4.0 installation to 4.1.0.
Since than it looks like only one of my two Amazon Accounts is working any more.

2023-12-26 17:25:52.321 [WARN ] [trol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - Failed to create account servlet
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletModel{id=ServletModel-87,name='org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet',alias='/amazonechocontrol/hans',urlPatterns=[/amazonechocontrol/hans/*],servlet=org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet@9a9bf1,contexts=[{HS,OCM-35,default,/}]} can't be registered. ServletContextModel{id=ServletContextModel-4,contextPath='/'} already contains servlet named org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet: ServletModel{id=ServletModel-86,name='org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet',alias='/amazonechocontrol/christoph',urlPatterns=[/amazonechocontrol/christoph/*],servlet=org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet@5d7a4a,contexts=[{HS,OCM-35,default,/}]}
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.AccountServlet.<init>(AccountServlet.java:95) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.initialize(AccountHandler.java:146) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:147) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) [?:?]

Currently the account Christoph is working Hans is not.
If I select hans under /amazonechocontrol/ nothing is happening. Looks like I just get forwarded to the same page.

This was working in 3.4.0 before.

Anything I have missed?

Best regards
Timmi

Nothing changed on the code since at least 02/2021, that’s way before 3.4. The most probable reason is something on Amazon’s side changed that is not properly implemented.

Hi @J-N-K ,
hm
 the accounts are working separately. So I would doubt that this is on Amazon side.

Any logs required from my side or should I open a ticket for the binding?

I have a similar problem with one account:
Updating from 3.3 to 4.1 didn’t work so well.
I quickly decided for a fresh install. :grinning:
I can not get my amazonechocontrol:account working.

I does not let me enter the verification code I receive from amazon.

1.) go to http://openhabianpi:8080/amazonechocontrol/XXXXXX
2.) login with my account
3.) solve the captcha
4.) wait for a verification code via mail from amazon
5.) page goes back to login page within 5 seconds
6.) receive the verification code - but can’t enter because page switched back to login :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You must enable the “Zwei-Schritt-Verifizierung (2SV)” “Two Factor Authentication (2FA)” in your amazon account.
That did it for me.

2 Likes

Thank you - that’s the solution. :+1:
I didn’t expect that it becomes easier if I tighten security. :joy:

1 Like

I think Christoph and Hans will both be working both with this fix :slight_smile: :

1 Like

@wborn super news thx