3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Hi @Celaeno1, @vizras and other Windows users. A new release has been cut (1.1.2) to fix several issues in the Binding for Windows users. Could you please give it a go an let me know if it fixes your issues? Thanks, Vlad.

1 Like

working

You are superb talkative Oleg… :slight_smile: I wonder if all Windows users such talkative…

iTAG does not show the battery level

@vizras, have you enabled “Connection control”? It shows battery level only when the device is connected. iTag devices do not broadcast any service/data.

Hi @vkolotov,

I’ve just noticed:

Support for this device has been added in v1.1

Could you explain, on what level these little tags are supported?

Is it possible to raise an event when pressing the button on it?
Can you trigger the buzzer from the binding?

Hi @curlyel, yes it is possible to detect button presses and also trigger the buzzer, please read more info here: https://github.com/sputnikdev/eclipse-smarthome-bluetooth-binding/blob/master/tags.md

Wow - excellent. Another bunch of possibilites - thank you a lot!

Hi @Pim_Verschueren, it was quite easy to decode the data. Could you please try to put this com.xiaomi.bluetooth.characteristic.mi_smart_scales_advertisement.xml file into your custom GATT config folder as described here? Let me know how it goes.

I get the values, just not the labels

how do you go about decoding this?

Hi @vkolotov

I installed version 1.1.2 !

Now it is running again. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Hi @Pim_Verschueren, it is probably because that “Xiami Mi Smart scales advertisement” label it too long. If you zoom in your browser you will probably see the other parts.

Hi @Celaeno1, that’s great! Please report if the button and triggering an alert are working for you.

Is it just me who thinks this binding uses alot of resources. Openhab is much slower overall with this binding installed. It might just be my setup, I reinstalled the binding now and openhab seems a little bit faster again, i dont know if it builds up over time…

Anyone else recognizes this? I hope not. The binding is fantastic!

Hi @vkolotov

I tested my iTag.

I could connect it to BlueGiga Adapter.

All channels were running, but after ca. 5 minutes iTag went “OFFLINE”.

I’ve got the same issue, my rules are most of the time not even working. When I turn off the discovering control off on the adapter, everything runs perfectly.

@Fredrik_Andersson, @Pim_Verschueren, right… I can see this as well. I’ve created a ticket for this: https://github.com/sputnikdev/eclipse-smarthome-bluetooth-binding/issues/43. It is on my priority list.

@Pim_Verschueren

Ok, that’s it. I disabled “Connection Control”, too.

Now it stays “ONLINE”… ???

Tell me if I can help you with anything, logs. etc. Maybe it polls too often?

Hi @Celaeno1, @Pim_Verschueren, @Fredrik_Andersson,
I know what causes the issue with the performance. Try to increase this value just for now, it might help:

Try to set it to 20s, or 30s.