433MHz signal reception in the alarm system

Hi.
How to make a simple alarm system on the PIR sensor 433MHZ, openhab, Raspberry Pi and 433 MHz receiver?
I have a receiver connected to the Raspberry Pi I can read the code using 433Utils and this tutorial
How to cause event in Openhab after receiving a signal from the sensor?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Have you found a solution? Please share with us!

Not yet. Can someone tell something?

Hi,

I made it with exactly the same hardware than you, except I added arduino uno with ethernet shield, the arduino translate the 433mhz to MQTT and communicate with OpenHAB this way. Communication are bidirectionnal which means that I receive sensor 433mhz signals and I send 433Mhz signals for plugs operation.

If you don’t want an arduino in your hardware setup you will need to modify the RFSniffer to interface with OpenHAB. This can be done by MQTT by making the RFSniffer to publish to a topic and OpenHAB subscribing to this topic. There is maybe another way but I didn’t find it.

Regards

I would love to see some more details on this done with a Pi or ESP8266. I would like to monitor all my alarm system signals as well as the physical remotes for my lights to change states in OH.

If you take a look at my blog you will see that it is already available for the esp8266, i also added Infrared communication :

1 Like

Nice this is great, will it work with the smaller ESP8266-01?

Difficult to say I don’t have tested it with esp01, If this one has an interrupt pin it could work

This is great got it up and running with a esp8266-12e … However I’m a newbie and would like to add DHT11 temp/humidity reading, control a server, and 2 relays: All using MQTT so that it will be easy to integrate into my openhab.

I can find all the different scripts to do it but how do you merge them?

SERVO CONTROL- http://osoyoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/esp8266mqtt_servo.txt
DHT11- https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8d5b19fa4cab521b6690

Regarding the DHT11 here is an example:

You could begin by adding this as a first step.

The main principle is to add an extra function to handle the DHT11 and or the Servo and to call this function when needed.
Regarding the DHT11 maybe to call it in the loop every x seconds by using millis function and make it send MQTT after reading by sendMQTT(subjectDHT_HUM,String(HUMvalue));

For the servo to place in the function receivingMQTT() a condition to activate a new function for managing the servos

Great thanks again, I got it up and running in my OpenHab setup…
Love using mqtt to control the RF devices. One question, I have a manual remote for all my RF devices do you know of a way to change the state of the Openhab switched based on the mqtt message received so that my Openhab syncs with manual controllers?

Also, I am looking to log all the incoming RF signals from mqtt to create a log of my security sensors in Openhab, however, since they only send one signal when they open, I won’t be able to use it to show the current state. I’ve also integrated the setup with my pi, esp-12e with 4 esp-01s that control servos/relays for my venting and HVAC…However for these I just easily flashed these little guys with espeasy which made it a much easier integration into openhab.

Yes you can easily update the switch into openhab even i you press a remote switch.
Take a look at this items configuration

All is in the < or > which define the communication direction into your mqtt items definition.

If you want all the traffic you can make a persisted a number item subscribed to th main topic. Sensors exists that send a signal when open and closed:

Thanks that works perfect!

I tried freeing up my 12e by putting the 433RF code on my esp-01 and it works just had to change to output and input pins to 0 and 1.

However with it I am having some issues with the mqtt connection. It connects but then disconnects and connects back but i causes so hiccups in the functionality when it’s searching. Why would it be disconnection frequently and then connecting back. Here’s of example from serial output…
Attempting MQTT connection…
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
subscription OK to
home/commands/#
client mqtt not connected, trying to connect
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
connected
subscription OK to
home/commands/#

You could take a look to your firmware version and the board version into board manager of your arduino IDE, and see if they are the latest