A second opinion about this z-wave log?

Would any kind souls be willing to express their opinion about this snippet of z-wave logging?

log-zipped.log (64.2 KB)

I can not seem to extract. However, you could try to use the ZW log viewer. Everything is color coded.

Hrm… I just downloaded it at it seems fine for me (log-zipped.log is the original, log-zipped (1).log is downloaded from the forum):

% unzip -l log-zipped.log 
Archive:  log-zipped.log
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
  1454915  11-04-2023 10:57   log.txt
---------                     -------
  1454915                     1 file
% unzip -l log-zipped\ \(1\).log 
Archive:  log-zipped (1).log
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
  1454915  11-04-2023 10:57   log.txt
---------                     -------
  1454915                     1 file

I do look at the logs in the viewer which is helpful but what I don’t have is experience looking at anyone else’s working (or not working so well) logs so my insight is a little bit limited.

Managed to get it extracted.

My two cents is that you need to reduce meter reporting drastically in the case of node 88, but others too. If you are using thresholds, I’d stop and convert to intervals.

By “thresholds” and “intervals” do you mean these words in a colloquial way to refer to the various parameters devices have to adjust how they report, or is there some feature in the binding I’m not aware of. I agree that node 88 in this particular log is very chatty and to my eye is reporting the same thing over and over again. Some of these chatty devices don’t have many/any parameters to adjust their reporting behavior. Am I following you?

I believe so. Adjust available reporting parameters. The chatty devices are causing some problems with commands to other nodes. I had a device I could not adjust the reports, so returned it.