ABB/Busch-Jäger free@home - official REST api

The switch and the whether station shall work… I tested them shortly. However I created only a slider in the test-env for the rain, temp and wind sensor to simulate the values.

Rergardin DimActuator.

Was your dimmer a virtual device or a real f@h dimmer?

I will look for the „Dim Actuator“ why this is not working correctly.
It would be great if you could send me a full configuration JSON report from sagger. Currently my hue lights are not dimmable.

To update the binding:
You just have to delete the old file put the new file in the addons folder and restart you openhab. (Raspby or anything else)
Depending on the number of your f@h things, it can take a bit time that all of your f@h thing are online again.

F@h API is providing virtual device support for the below devices

CODetector
FireDetector
RTC

However these these virtual devices are currently not handled in my binding. I will put them into the backlog on the 2nd priority. (My first priority is to fix an update issue in the switch and dim virtual device)

If I have a bit time on the next days I will add these three above devices to the binding, latest on the next weekend.

If the virtual devices are there you are able to update values for f@h

Have a nice weekend

thank you !!

Hi @UhA
i did install the binding “org.openhab.binding.freeathomesystem-3.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar” and restarted openhab.
Unfortunatly the Actors are not working. They show the Status “UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR”.

This happend to all Actors I have in my system:

• Sensor/switch actuator, 8/8gang, MDRC
  • Dimming actuator 6gang
  • Blind actuator, 4gang, MDRC

Everything else including the Bridge shows the Status “Online”.

I also added a virtual switch wich was found by the binding but also with the Error Status from above and no Channels.

Weather Station is working perfekt. I can see the Channels with the right data.
Also the Virtual RTC has Channels now.

Any Ideas? What do you need.
So far i tried Updating to the openhab version 3.4.1 I was currently running 3.3.0.
Also restarted openhab and my SysAP.

By the way I also have an Window Sensor which also didn’t work with the older version of the binding. Here comes the Error: “UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR - Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty.”

Hope that helps. Are you interessted in anything else?

This looks for me an exception from openHAB, somehow an itemType is empty.

Because the new Things are wokring looks for me that something needed is not stored by openHAB to re-create the existing defices after system restart.

Could you send/post the log file where this message is mentioned as well.

Additionally I know this is not too good, but could you delete one of your actuator woth the issue and scan and re-add it again?

Thank you,

Some clean up was overdue anyways.
I did delete all the things and items. Than added the devices via binding scan.
Now they are working again.

The log for the Window Sensor is

Blockquote
2023-01-16 15:17:00.440 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘freeathomesystem:free-at-home-device:FAHSysAP:ABB7F59BE873’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): Supported itemType for a ChannelType must not be empty. to REMOVING
2023-01-16 15:17:00.444 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘freeathomesystem:free-at-home-device:FAHSysAP:ABB7F59BE873’ changed from REMOVING to REMOVED
2023-01-16 15:17:00.446 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘freeathomesystem:free-at-home-device:FAHSysAP:ABB7F59BE873’ changed from REMOVED to UNINITIALIZED
2023-01-16 15:17:00.735 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘freeathomesystem:free-at-home-device:FAHSysAP:ABB7F59BE873’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

I don’t really see more info there. Let me know if you need something else.

Fix virtual device feedback and fix window sensor,

I made a small test and it worked fine, however I could check only in the debug environment.

next step is the DimActor and the missing virtual devices (RTC, CO2Sensor and FireSensor)

@Sleugner Thank you for the test

I hope the binding works for you as well.

Tested the binding in the latest version - and everything works stable!

In the beginning, I had the same issues as @Fichte07, but the trick was installer (i = lower case, see above) and a couple of reboots and hitting the “save” button a couple of times (after changing the PWD).

I really like the parallelity of the structure of the binding in comparison to the structure and logic of F@H (e.g. grouping of channels). Also using the official API is a huge advantage in my opinion…!

Btw: I now have both F@H bindings installed and working, @kjoglums and yours. so there are no negative interdependencies.

@kklausl Thank you the feedback.

I will implement the devices (CO2, FireSensor and RTC) in the next days. If you have some devices still not implemented. Just give me some hint and a JSON file with the config to be able to see the f@h device channels.

After the devices I would like to implement a localization

Therefore some updates still come :slight_smile:

@UhA Thanks for the new version.
This time i was able to just switch the files in the addon folder. After a restart of openhab the Binding worked stable.

Thank you very much for fixing the Window Sensor. You even made an improvement I was wishing for.
You includet two channels:
Nr. 53 - Pairing ID 35 Open 1 Closed 0
and also
Nr. 41 - Pairing ID 29 which Delivers position for Window/Door (Open 100 / Tilted 33 / Closed 0 )
In the Next app I only had the option to make rules on Open or Closed. Never on Tilted. It does show tilted in the overview but no rule option. At least i have not seen it.

I tested the Weather Station a little bit more.
Rain Alarm and Wind Alarm are working perfectly fine.
Unfortunatly Brightness Alarm and Temperatur Sensor didn’t work for me.
Maybe you could have another look into it.

Just to clarify my Hardware Dimming Actuator 6gang is working fine. I was talking about a virtual device Dim Actuator (FunctionID 12). By the way it is already working. I just tested it.
I also tested the virtual switch which is working. Both are working in both directions. So if I change the status in openHAB the Next App is showing the status change.

I would love to have function ID 0x002E FID_RGB_W_ACTUATOR as virtual device. Because this is the Hue Lamp but ABB is not supporting it. I made an Product Idea in the German Free@Home Forum. But I don’t know if that is the right channel. Here

Thanks again. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for the great feedback,

I will check the brightness and temp channels.

Regarding the DImActuator, it is good to hear that it is working. The reason why this is working is the fix of the virtual device handling. FID 0x12 is the same for wireless, wired and virtual device. But now there is a special handling layer for virtual device, because the virtual device needs an „extra“ feedback for f@h dashboard.

FID 0x2E as virtual device could be tricky… the implementation in the binding even as virtual device is not so complicated. With the current binding design it will work automatically if the binding having the handler code. But as long as you are not able to create the f@h representation of this type of virtual device, you will not see this virtual device on the f@h dashboard.

But I will check… maybe there is a workaround possible.

I still was not able to show PM25, VOC, CO from my Amazon Air Quality Device using virtual Devices in FH-App.

Could u give me a hint, which JSON u think of and where I cant find it? I doubt that will help you, because it seems I didnt find The right options…

Hello @UhA,

i thought about the Problem with the Wind and the Brightness Sensor.
Maybe it has to do with the setting of the Lux value and the Wind Speed. I only turned the alarm on, but the Lux and Wind wasn’t correct. But it is just a guess.

Unfortunately I blocked my Rollershutter while testing it. I told the Rollershutter to go down if Wind is to hard, Temp is to low or if it is raining. I deleted all the links after testing the alarms with openhab. But it is still locked.
Now I get the message “Device is Locked” - “The Element is deactivated, because the channel is in permanent mode”
I had the problem once before when I made a stupid rule. But now I deleted all links to the roller shutter and it is still blocked. Anybody any Idea?

I also noticed a really strange behavior. But I am not sure if it has to do with the Binding, or if the Problem was there before. If I close or open a rollershutter using the Iphone Widget. (You can show you favorites in a special Free@home Widget on Iphones). The Icon in the Next App is not Changing.

Could maybe anybody without the Binding look if that is an Free@home Problem or if it has something to do with the Binding? Btw Lights are working fine. Icon Changes.

And while your at it Motion detector have no Channels attached. ( 0x0011 FID_MOVEMENT_DETECTOR).

Would also be great if you could put this in your backlog.

I would love to help you better and give you better hints, but I have no Idea about how to code bindings. Do you have any good tutorials?

Best

Hi @kklausl

In the meantime I found what device I need. To display these values you need a RTC virtual device. I put in the issue list.

I can read out teh virtual device config in My system also. I found the possibility I do not need any JSON.

If you find a new issue or a new request you can add here, but please add to the issue list also.

It is easier to track the topics

1 Like

Hello @Sleugner,

Regarding the brightness and temperature values I made me an issue to track it. I will look for it in the next days, today I did not have the time to work on the binding. To be able to track the issue I activated the issue tracking on the Github. If you have any issue or feature request just add to this list.

This list makes easier to track the topics… the forum is not the right place for issue tracking

Unfortunately I do not have any idea regarding the blocking. Whether it was the binding, I am not sure…

Regarding the movement sensor. This is not activated in the binding. Because I do not have this device and I did not know which Datapoints are used… If you could send me a device config JSON file from the swagger, I could implement, however I would liek to ask you to test it.

Tutorials for the openHAB coding is only what you can find on the openHAB page. Introduction | openHAB

The best would be if you could look into may source code. This source code is up-to-date and available on the github

Thats great!! I will try that!! Thank you for your Great Work!

As you suggested: I implemented a RTC as a virtual device - but I cannot find corresponding datapoints. the binding adds the RTC correctly - see the picture below - but I see only temperature datapoints and no CO, PM25 or VOC, is this correct?

RTC

This is the reply i get…

Hi @Fichte07,
I made an api call with wrong credentials and is looks like this:

So I don’t think your problem isn’t the login.
Did you activate your Local API in the Free@Home Next app?
You can find this in the app under:
free@home Einstellungen → Lokale API → Lokale API aktivieren
There you have to activate the lokal API. If you scrolle down on that view you also see the Username for the Basic Auth.
Good Luck.

Strange…in my SysAp i do not have this entry…
For me it is under Einstellungen → myBUSCH-JAEGER → Verbindung

Firmware is 2.6.4