ABB/Busch-Jäger free@home - official REST api

Should be there under the headline “Lokale API”

You don’t need the API Connection over myBusch-Jaeger. I think this is another type of API. Lokale API should be available since Version 2.6.0.

@Fichte07 I have an Idea.
Maybe you are using a user that has no permission to activate the API.
Try to login as installer.
If you have enough rights you can see in „Benutzerverwaltung“ user manager if the permission „API Aktivierung“ is set.

Hi @kklausl,

sorry I was not available in the last two days… I had a lots of Topics in work and at home.

And I made a mistake, and I have to correct myself … sorry the RTC is not the right device. I thought that the RTC is supporting this datapoint but not… The RTC is generally just an intelligent cooling heating controller.
The Humidity and CO2 are the correct devices but they are not supported by the Binding yet… I have to implement them

However I have an other problem also… before I can start implementing the new devices.

because these devices are supported only from the SysAP version 3.x.x, but I am still on the 2.6.4
Tomorrow it is my first task to update my SysAP after that I will implement them…

Sorry again for your extra work…

Hi @UhA , no worries - thank you for your patience and super work! upgrading from 2.6.4 to 3.x.x worked fine for me - nevertheless the new structure of the software is somehow less intuitive at few points. but on the whole 3.x.x is surely a step foreward.

wind above a certain level should raise your shutters (alarm!) and “lock” them in open position (you will see the “lock” like on your picture). this is to prevent harm to your rollershutters, because locked shutters cannot be lowered again manually, untill the wind will fall below a certain threshold.

I assume, that you have to raise the threshold (“Windalarmgrenzwert”) and that will “unlock” your rollersshutters.

I made the update to version 3.x.x. It was very smooth and a lots of new virtual devices are visible in the swagger. The binding is restarted and all devices/things are still visible.

I will go on with the new AirQuality devices…

This entry does not exist for me

I am logged in as installer which has the Role “installation” which should be the highest access priviliges.

Same if I am logging in via iPhone App.

Great Job UhA:
I’ve just started testing the binding, and i’ve got a question about the:
Room temperature controller - Eco mode On/Off Request

At frist, it seems, that the value is read only and not a switch. And the Channel is not updated, when i trigger the Eco Mode.

Could you share a little bit more about your setup?
What System Access Point are you using? You are currently in Version 2.6.4. Are you thinking about upgrading to the free at home version 3.x.x.
Like UhA said it is a very smooth transition and you will have a lot more options to deplore.
If you go into Benutzerverwaltung and look into a user. Do you see the point “API aktivieren”?

My setup:

• Busch-Jaeger 6200 AP-101 System Access Point
  • Wired setup with Jalousie controll, heating actor (12-fach Heizungsaktor) and room temperature controll (raumtemperatur regler)

It seems i can not upgrade to 3.x.x., maybe the SysAp is too old?

As far as I know, it is possible to upgrade the SysAp 1 to Firmware 3.x (manually-you have to download the file on your PC and upload it to the SysAp).

Nevertheless the Local API is only possible on SysAP 2.

Hm okay…so what was the functionallity used in earlier versions? I used the Free at Home API from this thread in OH2.5 and also used other F@H api earlier with my SysAP. What changed now?

Hi All,

I uploaded a new version of the binding is uploaded with a lots of new virtual device and with fixes.

fh-3.4.4-pre3

The issue with the rad only channels is fixed. Therefore the channels are only read-only if the f@h is providing output only.

The virtual devices which are implemented in the current pre-release

• AirQualityCO2
  • AirQualityCO
  • AirQualityFull
  • AirQualityHumidity
  • AirQualityNO2
  • AirQualityO3
  • AirQualityPM10
  • AirQualityPM25
  • AirQualityPressure
  • AirQualityTemperature
  • AirQualityVOC
  • WeatherStation
  • Weather-TemperatureSensor
  • Weather-WindSensor
  • Weather-BrightnessSensor
  • Weather-RainSensor

Other actors shall work als In virtual mode, but not tested in this release

• BinarySensor
  • SwitchingActuator
  • RTC
  • DimActuator – it still can have some issues
  • WindowSensor

for the new virtual device the new 3.x.x SysAP Firmware needed. the older firmware shall work with the binding but not all virtual devices are available.

if you have any issues please add to the issue list

thank you, and have a nice evening.

There was an issue with the read only flag for the chanles. This is fixed in the current pre-release

fh-3.4.4-pre3

If you have bit time you could make test. but please delete and re-add the items and the things for the RTCs, where you had the issue.

Thank you and have a nice day

@UhA i’ve just tested it. The Eco-Mode works perfect.

1 Like

@UhA

but I have problems with the target temperature.

When I change the target temperature in the free@home app, the item in openhab is not updated.

When I change the temperature in openhab, the value in the free@home app also changes.
Except for 22.5 °C there.
When changing from 22,0 to 22,5 the value in free@home stays at 22,0.
And when changing from 23.0 to 22.5, the value in free@home remains at 23.0.

All other changes within openhab are applied in the free@home app.

Hi @ML1982

The temperature control implementation in the binding is shared between the Room-Thermostat and the RTC. This is done in this way because according the free@home documentation, the two devices (Room-Thermostate and RTC) are same from the API point of view. With the Room-Temperature device I did not noticed any issues with the set point temperature. For setting the new setpoint temperature I used the slider widget and not the stepper, as you did, but it shall not make any difference.

However the two devices could be a slightly different with the setpoint datapoint handling
Therefore if you could you send me a Device Config of this RTC device with the swagger, I would like to check the datapoints, and make a correction.

I added your issues to the issue list and you could attach the swagger export to one of the issues.

Thank you…

I’ve answered directly to the github issues.

1 Like

Tested the new version fh-3.4.4-pre3 a bit.

• Lights (Dimmer and Switch)
  • Rollershutter (Values and Up/Down)
  • Weatherstation

all works fine and stable. If you want, I can test RTC and Binary also - but I have no plans to integrate them now in OH.

Concerning AirQuality I will post to github directly, cause there are some issues.

1 Like

Thank you the test, I answered the issue… Rgearding the keep-alive of the virtual devices you initiated.for me a very good enhancement.

1 Like